Author Topic: bumper  (Read 17777 times)

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: bumper
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »
planning on it, but if nobody else shows, is 2 people enough to handle it?  (Angela will be there, but usually isn't all too helpful in the garage)
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 10:58:36 PM »
should be.  the only hard part is holding up the bumper while marking the holes to drill.  i've got plenty of jack stands/jacks to make it doable.  I have to to prep stuff, so if you aren't coming, please call.

rocket out!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 11:05:25 PM »
I already plan on going to Cafe on Main regardless (potentially meeting some other people there too) so I'll definitely be there, just waiting for Angela to get home
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 03:58:46 AM »
How did it go?  Were you guys able to mount the bumper?
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2008, 04:02:39 AM »
Thanks Al for your help.  As you can tell by the lack of pics, the bumper is NOT on :(

After massaging the holes on one bracket, and straightineing out the part of the truck where the other one mounted, we were able to set the bumper on the brackts for a test fit.  It appears i need to unbolt a few parts from the front to make it fit.  One of thoes parts holds the front of the skid plate on.  I could cut/grind to make it work, but Bent-Up told me no mods were necessary.  I need to call them to see if they screwed something up or if i DO need to cut/grind.  I'll keep y'all posted
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 04:10:18 AM »
Do you think you'll have an answer by tomorrow?  If so, I might be able to come and help this time.

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 04:11:15 AM »
if the guys at the company answer the phone, then i hope a yes, else, sometime next week i hope

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2008, 03:30:17 AM »
that stinks dude.

i'd be pissed.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:41 AM »
i am

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
Re: bumper update
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2008, 03:44:35 AM »
I've finaly got an update to my bumper problem.  the guy finaly called back around 9pm tonight.  the part that i said would need cutting to make it work, well, he is going to send me one so i can have an un-cut-up one and still mount the bumper i have.  So, i'm gonna cut up mine, prime/paint the cuts and try to figure out a good time for me and some other(s) to help out.  any one free wednesday the 6th in the late afternoon/evening?  I can fire up the grill w/ dogs and sliders if y'all want.  i wont' be free the following week due to PRK at bethesda :D:D

anyway, i'm more-or-less satisfied w/ the results of this.  however, i DO NOT reccomend anyone buy from bentup.com

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2008, 03:50:27 AM »
I don't get it.  You said they are going to send you something so you don't have to cut your bumper up, but you are cutting it anyway?  ???

What'd I miss?

I win!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2008, 03:52:10 AM »
Wish I could help Jeremy but JD has school on Weds nights. I didn't realize there was that much of a problem that you would not recommend them to anyone now. I'm guessing the customer service shitty too???

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: bumper update
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »
So, i'm gonna cut up mine, prime/paint the cuts and try to figure out a good time for me and some other(s) to help out.  any one free wednesday the 6th in the late afternoon/evening?  I can fire up the grill w/ dogs and sliders if y'all want.

Wednesday the 6th?  What the hell?  How about tomorrow?  Angela's got a hair appointment after work.  :)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2008, 03:59:29 AM »
I don't get it.  You said they are going to send you something so you don't have to cut your bumper up, but you are cutting it anyway?  ???

What'd I miss?

They are sending me the same peice i would cut of my own.  If i can get to my bumper before it gets here, then i've got the other one for. . .

Wish I could help Jeremy but JD has school on Weds nights. I didn't realize there was that much of a problem that you would not recommend them to anyone now. I'm guessing the customer service shitty too???

Wed is just tenitive by looking at my sked.  While i'm anxsious to get it on, i can wait a while (its only been about a month and a half since i ordered it).  

Customer realations is the main reason i'm reccomending against them.  when i called to order it, they said no mods required.  if i knew i was going to have this much trouble, i would have just ordered an ARB (i know they don't make them to order).  i've phoned and emailed them multipble times w/ no replys, and rarely do they answer the phone.  the bumper is SOLID and looks sexy, so i'm not upset w/ how it will look, just what i was told and how poor they are w/ communication.  they never even told me when it shipped, no tracking number, etc!  Go w/ ATArmor.com  Jon can vouch for them.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2008, 04:00:41 AM »
So, i'm gonna cut up mine, prime/paint the cuts and try to figure out a good time for me and some other(s) to help out.  any one free wednesday the 6th in the late afternoon/evening?  I can fire up the grill w/ dogs and sliders if y'all want.

Wednesday the 6th?  What the hell?  How about tomorrow?  Angela's got a hair appointment after work.  :)

that will work.  i have to be home to sell my engine block.  more hands to move it, the better :D  I"ll call you when i leave work (about 4:30ish).  we can get a beer after :D