Author Topic: oooooo me want!  (Read 5545 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: oooooo me want!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 04:14:53 AM »
adam says he thinks those shackles will only gimme .75'' or so, so I'm gonna have to order some extended shackles
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 04:31:55 AM »
oh and spacers, how much u want for em? I just ordered 1.5''-2'' lift shackles.
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
The yj brake lines are longer than the xj lines but i Don't know how much
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 10:24:06 PM »
the spacers i have r 2" ill measure them to be sure when i get back, im in Tennessee right now, ill be back on the 30th and u can use the garage anytime u need it.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
The yj brake lines are longer than the xj lines but i Don't know how much

about 2 3/4'' longer
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 11:13:48 PM »
my question is, how do I go about this since my XJ was originally equipped with ABS? Do I have to buy the more expensive ABS YJ lines? I'll give you a little background if some of you don't know. I swapped in an 8.25 from a 98 cherokee, it is a non ABS axle. I never changed anything else, just pulled all the abs relays and the dash light. Anyone have any insight?
W.O.J.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
the rule of thumb for shackles is half the length is the lift      i.e.  2" lift shackles would give about 1" lift
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 01:07:45 AM »
duece keep in mind that when u go to add ur coil spacers in your going to throw off ur caster and push ur axle back towards the rear of the jeep, and since ur lca are made for a 3 inch lift ur caster will be very out of spec, this will put u in the same boat as i was in when my jeep when i was at 6 inchs of lift and i had some no shit, scared to drive the jeep death wobble, and im not real sure if it was the caster being off or the axle being pushed back farther then it was supposed to be that gave me the death wobble, so just keep this in mind that im going to give u a 75% chance of getting some death wobble, i just want u to be warned.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 01:22:44 AM »
good stuff to know. So the 6 inches of lift was because you had these spacers on, and you fixed your DW by taking them off, so your LCAs were long enough? The shackles I just ordered are adjustable, 1.5-2'' and I'm sagging in the rear because of the swingout  and prob the AAL. Could we cut down the spacers to 1'' to try to avoid some DW, and go with 1.5'' in the rear?
W.O.J.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 02:08:41 AM »
we could prob do that.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2009, 06:53:39 AM »
Sounds good
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
what about the break lines?
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
Direct replacement i would check the thread pattern but i don't think you need the abs lines i would talk to neil at bumper to bumper tell him what you are doing and he should be able to tell you the difference in the part numbers

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »
you could just order brakeline extensions there really not to expensive.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
you could just order brakeline extensions there really not to expensive.

extensions? or longer ones? rusty's has this kit for front and rear http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RB-BL10-UV&Category_Code=BRAKES

But it doesn't say how much lift it accomodates. I suppose if im only going up 1 1/2" at most this should be enough. and its only 10 bucks.

Or I will get the YJ lines. The question I'm asking is more regarding the ABS. From what I understand its a fragile system, and I really don't want to get air in there. Going to have to be very careful, and make sure I use something to hold the pedal down, and disconnect the battery as not to kill it from the brake light. The non ABS YJ lines are cheaper. Can I run them, since I'm not using ABS now? Really confused ???
W.O.J.