Author Topic: possible frozen caliper  (Read 935 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
possible frozen caliper
« on: October 05, 2009, 04:55:24 AM »
So a few of you may have heard me complaining about a clicking sound that seems to be coming from the brake pedal area. I needed to do my rotors and pads, so I thought that would take care of it if it had been the brakes. So now I have new pads and rotors and still have the noise. I noticed the other day while trying to troubleshoot it, that my brakes seem to pull more to the right when I stop. So I'm thinking maybe the right caliper could be freezing up, and the clicking noise I'm hearing is the left side catching up? Also the right side gave me a decent amount of trouble when I was trying to compress it, compared to the other side. Should I just replace the calipers? Anyone have any insight?
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

PaulW

Re: possible frozen caliper
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:05:23 AM »
check the surface that the pads slide on on the knuckles.  on more then one chrysler vehicle i've had to fill in and grind down the surface.  they get worn down due to lack of lubrication. 

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
how is your wheel Bearing my right front was doing the same thing before it ate itself
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
the bearings are probably about shot. I'm almost positive Ive noticed it sqeaking before. So maybe I should do bearings, and leave the calipers alone? Adam we gotta jack this thing up soon and see whats going on under there. Then I'll know were to put the money. Also, when we do the axle seals, Kirk had mentioned that it was worth it to spend the extra $ to do outer axle seals, so I'll be looking into that. Adam I gotta get with you soon and see if you can hook me up at all, and what I need.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.