Author Topic: Quadra-suck  (Read 1033 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Quadra-suck
« on: September 25, 2009, 02:36:20 AM »
Quadratech has recived the last of my business and all over a $1.99 part!!!!

So back in 2000 I ordered the rack that is in the back of my YJ.  After I called (before you could order online) and gave them the Year, make and model of my Jeep, I ordered the rack for my YJ.  When the rack showed up it was for a 87-91 with the slanted bars.  When I called to fix the problem I was told I would have to pay to ship it back and then pay another shipping cost to get the right one even though Quadratech screwed up the order >:(.  It cost me over $30 to fix Quadratechs mistake.

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago.  Quadratech was the only place I found that carried both the quick deflator and firestick antennas.  Since I had to pay for shipping anyway, I decided to order new rubber swaybar bushings for my XJ.  I cracked out my Summer 2009 XJ catalog, looked up the part which states "Grommet Kit, Does ones side, $1.99."  I ordered 2 kit so I could do both sides.  When my order arrived, I only had 1 kit ( 2 rubber grommets).  I contacted Quadratech via email and told them I only received one kit.  The response from them is that they are sold individually and provided a link to their "online catalog" which shows a picture of one grommet but the item description is blank.  I wrote back and told them the page number, and item description directly from their catalog AND I provided a link to 4wd which does sell the grommets individually for $.99.  I asked that they either look up the description in the catalog or guarantee the lowest price and send me 2 more grommets instead of refunding my money.  This time their response was to contact their customer service sales people because the "customer service" is unable to guarantee the price.  This is way to much run around for something so simple. Quadratech doesn't care about doing the right thing.  I am not upset about being out $1.99, it is simply a principle issue for me.  I would encourage anyone looking to buy something to look some where else then Quadratech.  If you have any problem, Quadratech will not back their products or service. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Quadra-suck
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:13 AM »
If you can, stick w/ summitracing.com  I've had mistakes (theirs and mine) and they ALWAYS do the right thing, including replacing parts that leak once installed (send new part imeediatly, and a return lable for the broke part); i've even had them pay to return stuff i ordered because i was mis-informed.  I bet they carry your parts, plus w/ the flat shipping charge, you can order tons of stuff for only 12 shipping
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 04:04:47 AM »
lets picket them!
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:57:04 AM »
I am in for The picketing
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 01:00:26 AM »
form an angry mob?
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »
I got axes and pitch forks at the golf course
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
i have never had problems with quadrtec. in fact it's the other way around for me. 4wd.com tried to jerk me around on my onboard air hose kit. i gave the club acct # for the discount & the girl on the phone tried to charge me $25 more than what the part was advertised for on their website & then got an attitude when i pointed that out & STILL wouldn't fix the mistake. needless to say i don't use 4wd.com anymore.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition