Author Topic: P0141  (Read 1317 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
P0141
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:53:09 AM »
Ok, i know this is not for a 4x4, but i still need help.  My aspire is spitting out OBD II code P0141 (O2 heater circut fault, bank 1, sensor 2).  I know this applies to the post-cat sensor.  I put a new one in, replaced the wiring harness to it from the main one (it was in BAD shape).  I'm getting good voltage ossolations on the signal line, 12v feeding the heater, and continuity on the heater ckt.  when driving i get a fairly steady 0.6v (unless i'm on the gas or decellerating) (this seems wrong, as sensor 1 still is ossilating like normal).  i clear the code, it comes back.  I've checked all my connections over and over (used crimp butt connectors on the wiring). 

HELP ME!  i need to fix this in the next 2 weeks before i'm past due for my smog check!  the only thing i can see that is may be wrong (but not really sure what it is) is bank 1 sensor 2 fuel trim is about pegged high.  what is this reading?

Thanks!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Re: P0141
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:39:39 AM »
I soooo didn't understand a bit of that... ??? Wish i could help...

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
yeah, me either. do you have a chiltons for it? and sometimes autostores/dealership's can tell you whats happening.

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
could be that the new sensor is faulty...  other than that if you used a replacement harness it should be set.  you may check from the first sencor to the computer.  there could be enough of a short somwhere to mess up the reading.