Author Topic: Electrical Gremlins defeated  (Read 4995 times)

PaulW

Re: Electrical Gremlins defeated
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 05:03:49 AM »
idk im just looking for more stuff i should do to complete my jeep.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »
How about having a Rhino Liner sprayed in?  I have been wondering if I should replace the fabric with a liner of some sort.

My other question is, how hard is it to remove the seats out of a TJ?  I have thought about doing it so I can run wires but I have hesitated due to my familiarity with Murphy's laws.  We tend to hang around the same places often. :-[

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
Don't know about a TJ Chuck, but my XJ only required removing 12 bolts and the seats came right out.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 03:36:29 PM »
How about having a Rhino Liner sprayed in?  I have been wondering if I should replace the fabric with a liner of some sort.

My other question is, how hard is it to remove the seats out of a TJ?  I have thought about doing it so I can run wires but I have hesitated due to my familiarity with Murphy's laws.  We tend to hang around the same places often. :-[

Having the Rhino Liner sprayed in will cost you a couple hundred $$. It's much cheaper to do it yourself. If you want a rough, non-skid texture you can roll it on. If you want smooth and slippery you can use paint brushes. If you know somebody that has a spray gun that will handle bedliner you can have them spray it for you or you can buy bedliner in cans to spray. I haven't taken the seats or interior out of a TJ yet, but I'm going to be in the near future. I plan on putting my carpet back in over the top of the bedliner to help with road noise and from dirt flying around the inside of the Jeep.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »
yeah i did notice that rogers xjs floor was abit slick with shoes. i think i almost fell outta it when trying to climb in once. i think im going to go for the happy medium and go with the spray cans. BTW since we hijacked dueces thread. hows yours holding up?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
its holding up great, and I would hope so for $90 a gallon!!!
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 04:35:07 AM »
JESUS! how many gallons did yours take?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 05:18:11 AM »
W.O.J.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 05:41:47 AM »
yeah i did notice that rogers xjs floor was abit slick with shoes. i think i almost fell outta it when trying to climb in once.

Thats what you get for not wearing your car seat when riding with your Dad ;)
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 05:50:21 AM »
had he been wearing his velcro ninja turtle shoes when this happened he wouldn't have fallen. Roger you have to make sure this little tot is properly dressed for the trail! osh kosh bgosh overalls are a must!
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:52 AM »
actually i shoulda worn boots and not shoes.
1982 CJ7-stock