Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!!  (Read 5563 times)

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Introduce Yourself!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »
YAY!

which 3rd members are you running in those axles?
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

steve-o

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
YAY!

which 3rd members are you running in those axles?

4cyl front and rear with 5.29 gears and solid pinion spacers welded rear and full detroit front

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »
HOW DO... HOW DO...

Hello my name is Brad, and I am a wheel-a-holic, I have been clean now for about 6 months and I hate my life.
I grew up on the South side of Chicago and helped my uncle with his farm just south of where I gew up. That's where I learned about wrenchin and muddin.... the whole rock thing was new to me when I got to CT. So, I've been wheeling now for a while and can spot you through just about anything. (except Rich) I currently live in a suburb of Naples, Italy...
 I have been around JT4x4 for since a week after its conception. (thanks for thinkin of me, Rich) so I am not a "founding member" but consider myself a senior member. It was and would still be alot of fun working with the Club, Wrenching, and just B/Sing around a fire pit, but that's the life of a Navy man, Can't always get what you want.

I have a 1991 Jeep YJ named Sarah that I bought off a buddy of mine in CT. It has 4.5 rubicon express springs front and rear with 2.5" Bonz shackles from Rocky road outfitters (they suck... horrible customer service and sent the wrong bolts(Grade 5 for suspension, howbout NO!)), Mickey T's 15x10 classic II with 33 Baja Claw Radials, I have a locker in the rear, due to blowing up the spider gears, (not sure how or when), I have a Chevy 350ci that I refreshed, I kinda ran out of time on it and yes it was rushed, but I think it turned out alright. It's got a 248/248 480/480 at .050" 118 comp cam in it, which gives it a nice little lobe and pretty good power. TH400 tranny with an A/A 400/231 plate. Like I said it was rushed.... and it will be redone right upon my return.... Also the tire size will be going up dramatically! Yep you guessed it, she's still in the states.

That's enough about sarah (I miss her bad) :'( :'(

To all the Newbies, Welcome. If there is any question about the club or your rig, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I Have been wrenching for quite a while, granted this is my first jeep but I have got it pretty well figured out now and can probably point you in the right direction.
Well that's all I have right now. Civa diamo a dopo!
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
 ;D!!!!!IHEARTROCKS!!!!! ;D

Howdy everybody, the name is actually SWAGGARD, but, nobody seems to be able to pronounce it, so i just let it ride.  Ive been in CT for bout 2 yrs, but only been crawlin for about 8 months. well, in all actuality, ive been clean for 4 months(hate it) or so.  I found out an interesting fact soon after my 2nd or 3rd time out, ITS FIGGIN ILLEGAL to wheel on state land.  As pissed as you could imagine i was, i stopped and laid dormant until, I introduced myself to Osbourne as a coworker on the boat. (yes im navy man). later on i learned that osbourne was also known as Cheek-Bone. Ive always been into high horsepower, high torque hot rods, lifted trucks, atvs, dirt bikes, you name it,but back in Tejas, there no crawlin, only muddin, so thats my history of autoaddiction.  right now im cruisin an '88 jeep comanche that scored free from a buddy before he transfered to CIV land.  It sits atop a 3in SKYJACKER lift with no sway bar, adjustable track bar, and BFG 31x10.5's.  Im the proud husband of a stubborn southern woman and the proud pappa of my 6 week old future linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.  BBQ'in, Fishin, Campin, you name it, Im up for it.  Ive been wrenchin on cars probably for the last 8 years now, and some of my former projects included 2 68' mustang gt's, but this is my first time ever to tap into the true offroad performance side of things, i dont think i can ever go back to only street performance. so there it is, in very big nutshell.  it was good talkin to was listenin' and i hope to meet you all, some time in the very near future.   

FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »
Glad you joined the forum Swaggard  ;D!\ ! Welcome to the club. You'll see we are very pickey about where we ride and that we have explicit permission to be there. We also have access to a large amount of other trail rides once you become a paying member...See you on the trail...

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »
Welcome Swaggar(d)!  :P Trust me, I know about those last names you just have to "let ride".... ;) Once we meet, I'll tell ya about it LOL!

Welcome to the forum....I hope you have fun cruisin around the pages, checking out all the wrenching and pics the guys are always doing, and laugh at the jokes and insane nature that seems prevalent with all of the posts  ;D

Looking forward to meeting you, and keep checking back, cause it looks like there is gonna be a M&G soon!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
Hollar! 

My name is Zach and I have been wheelin since I was in the womb!  My dad used to take my mom out to the local rock quarries of central Indiana in his old fullsize that was lifted to the sky with boggers on it when she was pregnant with me.  It continued like that after I was born with the inclusion of riding in my aunts old jeep with the doors off in the same quarries.  When I was in elementary school, if it snowed I got to be the one behind the wheel of the truck while my dad checked the straps or chains, this time the truck was a 91 S-10 4.3 with BFG A/T's.  Fast forward to getting my license, which came with a perk, the S-10 that I loved!  Not long after enjoying it all summer, I totalled it.  Fast forward again until fall of 2005, I had never owned a jeep, but I had to buy one, it was calling to me.  Ever since, Im hooked, The truck was never as exciting as this!  It has come a long way but there is alot more that will be done. 
    I like any terrain and will try almost anything once (kinda wish it wasnt the DD).  I like working on anything automotive and love to help others out.  I joined the Navy in Oct 01 and spent 4 years on the Dallas, now I work for NSSF at the valve shop.  Im currently addicted to COD4 and my beautiful girlfriend Sarah! 
    Cant wait to meet everyone.  Take care yall! :D
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 03:09:17 AM »
hey Zach! How ya doing? Sounds like you have the wheeling bug as a gene lol! Great to hear from you on here, and we'll catch you on the backside!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 03:09:57 AM »
Welcome Zach!
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 03:14:50 AM »
Welcome to the club Zach...

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 03:15:33 AM »
WELCOME

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
X2 welcome guys. looking foward to meeting up.

Offline Doball

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
Ok, I've put this off long enough. I'm Mike D. Originally from Strasburg IL, pop 450. I'm 33, married to Amy, the perfect woman for me. We have 3 kids, and a dog that thinks she's a person. I joined the Navy in Dec 94 got out in Dec 98 and came back in in Sept 01. I grew up on a farm where we grew corn and soybeans. Since farming doesn't pay very well, I joined the Navy to keep from having to farm and work a factory or constructon job. My first 4 years were spent on the USS Springfield. Some crappy issues on the boat pissed me off with 6 months left, pair that with getting back together with my high school sweetheart, and I got out. Went to work in a factory, where I was a welder for almost 3 years. I married the woman I was seeing. She turned into a real bitch and I left her a year later. I made up my mind to get back in the Navy and was just waiting to go when I met Amy. We shacked up for a couple of months, thinking it was just a short term thing, since I was recently divorced, and she was going through hers. Three months after we got together we got married. I actually went UA to go get our marrage liscense and have a small wedding. We ended up in Groton on the USS Seawolf. Four years there and 2 promotions later I wound up at subscol. While on the 'Wolf we had Alex, the Spawn of Satan. He's my little man and was meant for the farm NOT the city. While at subscol I met Cheeks and sold him my first Jeep. Shortly after that he and a few others started JT4X4. I came along for the ride and helped get it where it is today. I'm not as active as I want to be. Three kids and a wife that's a college student are my first priority, the Navy is second, then everything else. I'm addicted to wheeling and PC gaming. I'm on my third Jeep. The First was Cheeks' smurfette - '92 YJ, the second was the Heap an '80 CJ7 built by someone else with a 350 bowtie that I couldn't ever get to run right, and Now I have my last Jeep an '97 Sport. When Amy becomes a Nurse I'm going to turn it into a monster, but for now it's pretty much just the way I want it. That's me in a nutshell.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 06:09:41 PM »
oh, so you know johnny blanchette?
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Doball