The Mud Pit > General

Introduce Yourself!!

(1/8) > >>

Cheek-Bone:
This is a place like we had at the last forum for new additions to the forum to introduce themselves to everyone else. If you have been here for a while you don't really need to do this if you don't want to.

Doball:
Hi, I'm Mike and I'm addicted to wheeling. I've been clean now for 11 days.      Oh yeah, OHIO STATE SUCKS!!!!! 

albsvx:
Hello, My name is Al.  I'm a CT resident for all of my life.  Mostly in the southeastern corner, around the Norwich area.
I'm 33 years old.
My career and hobbies mostly revolve around computers, but I have always been interested in mechanical things.
My name, albsvx, comes from either my first name last initial Al B. or my 3 initial A. L. B. and was sort of given to me as kind of a nickname in highschool.  The svx part comes from the vehicle that was really my first mechanical love, the Subaru SVX.  A high luxury sport sedan from the early 90s.  230HP, H-6,  all wheel drive and pure luxury.  Unfortunately, before the WRX came to america, there wasn't a subaru transmission here that could really handle its weight and power, and as a result, and attempt to use the vehicle as the performance vehicle that it was meant to be was met by very expensive transmission failure.  This led me to eventually leave the svx in the dust, but not the nickname.
My mechanical adventure proceeded to the 2nd Generation Mazda RX-7 sports car.  At one point, I had 4 of them in my possession.  As with many of my hobbies, this was fairly short lived and about 4 years ago now, I bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 4.0, 5sp, to be my daily driver.  It wasn't long before somebody tried to introduce me to offroading, and it was only my first or second trip out that I snapped a stock sway bar link.  At this time, this was my only usable vehicle, and I decided that if I was going to continue with this offroading thing, I would need to buy a cheaper, older, "disposable" rig to use for offroading.  I bought my 1988 YJ Sahara.  It already had a 4.0HO transplant in it, and it had extended shackes sitting on 31"s.  For $2700 on ebay, it was PERFECT!  I'd never have to spend any more money on it other than repairs, and it would save my daily driver from abuse.
Well needless to say, it wasn't long before the 88 did in fact need an upgrade, and it was a major one, and it wasn't cheap.  new axles, new gears, a serious suspension and body lift and 35" tires.
One that was done, the rig was no longer very street friendly, and getting it to and from distant trails became annoying.  A good friend of mine who owned a speed shop was planning to sell all of his worldly possessions  and more to ireland to be with a girl.  Well, one of those was a 1999 Ford F-350 Extended Cab, Long Bed, Super Duty, 7.3L Turbo Diesel V8, with a 20' flatbed car trailer, and he was willing to give me a good deal on it.  So, I decided, there was nothing long with that truck being my daily driver, and I sold the TJ, and bought the truck and trailer to tow the YJ around with.
I've been wheeling it, and loving it since.
Very recently, a fellow CTJeep member decided that he was bored with the 1993 Geo Tracker buggy that he'd build, and he needed to sell it to free up money for other projects and for a home purchase.  Having seen it wheel a few times in the past, I couldn't pass up a great deal, and now I've got 2 trail-only rigs.

I guess that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I'm sure most of you won't bother to read it, but for those that don't know me, it gives a pretty good insight to who I am and what I do.

To follow up with the rest of my personal life story.

I'm happily married for 7.5 years now, having married my highschool sweetheart.  We were dating/engaged for 10 years before we got married.  No plans for children, but 2 very needy cats.

I currently live in North Franklin, CT.

***NEXT***

Kral4me:
Hi, I am J.D., and I am a Lifetime Wheel-O-Holic.

(lol! how else would you start this thread!?)

Like some of the guys you will meet, I have been here from the baby stages of JT4x4, (which is coming up on it's year anniversary!!)...and it's been growing pains and baby steps since then! (Ok, so sometimes we have some leaps and bounds too, but it's all good!) :D It all started with some of the guys seeing my rig, and sending their wives to the school our children all attended, with JT4x4 cards.

At the time I was being pretty picky about who I wheeled with. Disasterous occurances seemed to keep happening all around me. I was new to the East Coasts' version of land issues, and wasn't quite sure where to look for guidance I could trust. People who invited me to wheel would come back saying they got tickets, or ended up trails-end, in someone's back yard, etc. I am very black and white when it comes to issues of ethics/morals/legality. I am, as you will hear some of the guy's call me, "Mary Poppins" when it comes to wheeling. (And yes I really have a whip/the whip they tease about me having!)  ;)

If it ain't legal, it ain't happening. If there isn't permission, it ain't happening. If it isn't Treading Lightly, it ain't happening  ;) I was very hesitant when we moved here 2 years ago, and had to take my time seeing if JT4x4 was a good fit or not.

Sooooo.....I started wheeling with JT4x4, we progressed to weekend BBQs at my house, and during one in particular, they all stopped by and then it was Gastank bellowing out "Oh, we just had the first JT4x4 meeting, and by the way, we voted you in as V.P!". How could you not laugh at the guy's infectious grin?! Having Toxic Turtle (Dave Brill and resident East Coast Wheeling Guru) to solidify the vote left me without an arguement....

There began my love affair with JT4x4. Hours and hours working official work (and some not-so-official postwhoreathons for stress relief  ;D), fun work, getting things organized and everyone in the club (and I mean everyone) pitching in, and coming up with great ideas, and helping taking JT4x4 to a new level. *Grins* For 6 months, it was fun, it was nice, but once Cheek-Bone moved back into the area, being that he was one of the original founders of the club, I stepped aside and let him take back over the reigns  ;)

So now, my husband Scott (Seabee_BUC) and I work mostly on little bits of everything, and alot of the Event Planning. The club is still getting it's feet wet with exposure, so we have some great Cruise Nights lined up, Wheeling Events, and even some Charity Events in the works.... ;) Can't wait!

Now. As for me personally.  ;D I am 32 (33 come Feb 28th!), we have 2 little girls ages 9 and 5, and I have been wheeling all my life, and so have the girls. I was 5 months pregnant with my 5 yr old when I went to Paragon...so we teasingly call that her first wheeling trip LOL. I had Marissa out on quads out in the Pine Barrens before she could barely reach the handles on my Polaris.

I grew up mostly in SoCal, Alaska, and Costa Rica for awhile. No, lol, we weren't military, but my mom had itchy feet. (She would say "Let's go for brunch, I would agree...and she would say "No, I mean in Vegas!" LOL!). So I was a world traveler waaaaaay before I became military. My stepdad was religiously into making sure my sister and I could "survive in the woods".

Yeah. Ever seen survivor? He did that to us...in Alaska. Hunt your own food, skin your own animals, make water containers from bladders, fire from scratch etc. About as non-conventional as you can get, but it kicked ass and I wish I could raise my kids that way too ;D. LOL. So four wheeling was only a natural follow up. I test drove my first Jeep at 15, on the back open lot being newly developed, and have been hooked ever since. (The salesman wasn't too happy when I brought his Jeep back muddy, but he told me to try it out there! LOL!)

I wasn't able to actually put my hands on a Jeep until 2003. I bought one off the lot, Dana 44 already in the rear, and promptly spent $3200, dropping it into a lift, tires, ARB locker, slip yoke elim, CV driveshaft, and a few other things....and since then, I just keep adding to it  ;)

As for my name? KRAL4ME is on my CA license plates. And I never plan on changing it.  ;) I have wheeled, and hubby has wheeled, at places like Red Rock Canyon (NV), Moab (UT), Hungry Valley (CA), Paragon (PA), Oceana (CA..used to be Pismo for those of you who knew it), Miller Jeep Trail (CA), Catskills(NY), Mohawk Trails (MA), Pine Barrens (NJ)...and those are just briefly listed. That is all of our organized wheeling LOL.

As my signature says, and it's something I whole heartedly believe...."When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."  ;)

Enjoy the club, enjoy the forum.

We do!

mallcrawl:
well my names Brice and I can stop anytime I wantmaybe

bought the 04 rubicon cause family and friends kept bugging me to get a "reliable" kinda car and its the only thing I've sat in the drivers seat of made after about 93 and not hated right off.

I like to wheel, and am enjoying the company of the club, but the jeeps purpose in life realy will be more to get me far enough back into the woods to be able to set up a campsite where I won't see another human for the weekend.

I also love air cooled VW's and anything with a diesel motor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version