Author Topic: Input Needed  (Read 5423 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Input Needed
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »
don't you have to buy a new, vice used, car to qualify?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »
don't you have to buy a new, vice used, car to qualify?

Yes you do. That is why I'm turning my XJ in to buy a new economical car for my wife. She doesn't like her Liberty anymore and my son is scared to drive it because it sits high and the steering is really tight. We'll get something new for my wife to drive and my son to learn to drive with and I'll spend some cash and buy myself a newer gas guzzling 4x4. We'll end up buying 2 vehicles in a weekend.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
some companies are matching the cash for clunkers program.  I hear you can get a kia for under $5K after rebates.  Should be farily easy to come up w/ the cash for that
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
some companies are matching the cash for clunkers program.  I hear you can get a kia for under $5K after rebates.  Should be farily easy to come up w/ the cash for that

I just went to their website, but I don't see anything about them matching. Jan and Stuart are heading out to Jackson Road in Ann Arbor that has every vehicle dealership imaginable right in a row so I told them to stop into the Kia dealership to check it out. I love the Kia Soul commercials and I just looked at pics of the interior of one and it is really cool. I think I could even drive one.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »
why don't you just wheel the liberty? or are you gonna get rid of that 2?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
why don't you just wheel the liberty? or are you gonna get rid of that 2?

If we end up doing this really quick I may end up bringing the Liberty out here for a little while until I find exactly what I want. I haven't looked that much at aftermarket wheeling accessories for it, but if it's out there I may just build it. I really would like to stay with straight axle front though.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:25 AM »
why what do they have in the front? ifs?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:57 AM »
Yes, they are ifs
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 02:07:55 AM »
so doesn't that limit how much you can lift them?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 04:14:20 AM »

I just went to their website, but I don't see anything about them matching. Jan and Stuart are heading out to Jackson Road in Ann Arbor that has every vehicle dealership imaginable right in a row so I told them to stop into the Kia dealership to check it out. I love the Kia Soul commercials and I just looked at pics of the interior of one and it is really cool. I think I could even drive one.

maybe they'll find one in maize & blue
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

PaulW

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »
get a hummer :D

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »
They made some changes to the EPA MPG numbers and some vehicles that were right on the edge ended up being disqualified for the program. I knew about that and the MPG for my XJ actually dropped from 17 to 16mpg average from the new numbers.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »
They made some changes to the EPA MPG numbers and some vehicles that were right on the edge ended up being disqualified for the program. I knew about that and the MPG for my XJ actually dropped from 17 to 16mpg average from the new numbers.

just wanted to make sure you saw that.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 01:18:54 AM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:22:40 AM by BlacXJeep »
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.