Author Topic: XJ down  (Read 2452 times)

PaulW

Re: XJ down
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
glad to hear your back from the dead.  it sucks when something as simple as a starter keeps you from being mobile.  mine are always fun shit like a valve seat drops and the valve mushrooms over keeping your cyl form having compression.

Offline Sandbox Sailor

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »
OK, I found a place that took $75 (my last $75 until payday btw). Now that it is home, I am pretty sure it is my feul pump. That is what I get for buying a 20 year old car. I am at exactly the point where all the s@&t starts failing: starter, fuel pump, I am guessing alternator next. So now I have to track down my fuel problem...

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »
OK, I found a place that took $75 (my last $75 until payday btw). Now that it is home, I am pretty sure it is my feul pump. That is what I get for buying a 20 year old car. I am at exactly the point where all the s@&t starts failing: starter, fuel pump, I am guessing alternator next. So now I have to track down my fuel problem...

have someone crank the engine while you hit the tank with a hammer, if it comes back to life, then you know it's a bad fuel pump.  at least on yours you don't have to drop the tank.  the fuel pump assembly is still inside the gas tank, but you can remove the sending unit right from underneath.