Author Topic: fender flares  (Read 16941 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
fender flares
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
ok so my right rear fender flare keeps coming off and now i can't get the bad boy to stay on. are extended ones worth the money? or should i just invest in some gorrila glue or something along those lines?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

Re: fender flares
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »
take them all out, sawzall all 4 fenders and run 32s. forget the lift.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
i think that'll look stupid tho haha. no cutting yet.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
i think that'll look stupid tho haha. no cutting yet.

stupid look??  it'll match the driver

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »
Low Cog look lol, screw it just run 35s and rip out your entire fender
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
im not stupid haha. but how does the cutting work on the rear fenders?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
you get a high tpi count saws all blade and you cut vertical slits about an inch or so apart all along the fender up to about were the lip ends and then you fold them in. Just have to be careful not to cut the welds i guess. Search jeepforum.com, there are tons of DIYs. I'm going to do this eventually.
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
hm... think i might go buy gorilla glue for the time being haha.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 12:14:34 AM »
ok so i know im going to catch alot of crap for this 1........ there is a very small screw that holds the fender flare on in the back... it came off and i tightened it back up... problem solved.  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 02:01:06 AM »
ok so i know im going to catch alot of crap for this 1........ there is a very small screw that holds the fender flare on in the back... it came off and i tightened it back up... problem solved.  ;D

Nah no crap, we've come to expect this sort of thing from you
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 02:10:28 AM »
the plastic around the screw is abit bent up though.... so i may still end up gorilla gluing the entire hole around the screw shut just incase  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »

Nah no crap, we've come to expect this sort of thing from you

That's how much experience you have being 12.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 04:00:23 AM »
live and learn  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 04:04:09 AM »
Are you ripping these off becuase of your sagging springs and 235's?  If so, you must have the light duty springs.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 04:06:19 AM »
no, i ripped them off when i got stuck b4 joining the club and hitting that tree. and i think it had bent one of them but i think it was just the crappy shop i took it to.
1982 CJ7-stock