Author Topic: YAY! new axle  (Read 2236 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: YAY! new axle
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 03:39:01 AM »
I would think so, but I'm not an ABS expert.  Anything can be done with time and $$$ but I can't imagine that it is that hard. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
OH CRAP!!! i caught a glimpse of something on naxja and it just hit me like a ton of bricks........ my jeep has abs.... im pretty sure that the 92 xj doesn't..... now wtf do i do? i don't really wanna sacrifice the abs on it.

it's a bit of a nightmare, but it can be done.  as far as anything else, i think we'll only have time to do your front end friday/saturday am.  i don't think we'll have too much time for a lot more, but we'll see .  the abs is a matter of swapping the knuckles over which we may have to do anyways, i believe the brakes are different between the 2 years, we'll make it work. like i said the f/end in my 89 xj was a hybrid of lots parts.  84 housing 94 shafts 89 brakes 94 wheel bearings, 84 rotors and pads, but it will work.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
alright. i have a dental appointment at 1230 on friday. as soon as im done with that im going over and ripping the front end outta that jeep and heading up to your house.. might be working late that night if u wanna pull an all nighter just lemme know. so long as i can still have my abs then we're all good. you want me to buy the steel before i get to your house? how much do i need?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.