Author Topic: Wrenching Party Saturday 6/13  (Read 5749 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: Wrenching Party Saturday 6/13
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »
u have no idea... i almost cryed  :'(
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »
man, i bet u wanted to drink after about 4 or 5 of them teens showed up. drive ya crazy?

I was in the garage on a top secret cj project...television on a/c running and a fridge full of beer.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 02:37:17 AM »
I grabbed a quick pic tonight when I got home. I haven't trimmed the fenders yet so it looks a little funny.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 03:09:57 AM »
haha, that looks fammilliar!

looks so goofy without trimming. I'm jealous of your bumper, need to fab mine up that way. then again you still have to do a winch plate. anyhow overall that bumper looks pretty sick Rog.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:35 AM »
haha you coulda called me and we could have found something thats broken on mine to fix.. i have many little things broken or ideas running through my head. and yeah that looks sweet roger. i can't wait to finally get some money to buy mine  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 04:21:03 AM »

looks so goofy without trimming. I'm jealous of your bumper, need to fab mine up that way. then again you still have to do a winch plate. anyhow overall that bumper looks pretty sick Rog.

Just need to fab you up a couple of bars.  It would be a good idea to add a little support to the front of the winch plate.  Roger and I talked about adding his winch plate, and I recommended trimming the front grill a little to set it back an inch or two.  It not only protects it better, but will put less torque on the bumper (shorter lever arm when winching).  I know he still wants to add a few light tabs to it too.  We just ran out of time after two days.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »

Just need to fab you up a couple of bars.  It would be a good idea to add a little support to the front of the winch plate.  Roger and I talked about adding his winch plate, and I recommended trimming the front grill a little to set it back an inch or two.  It not only protects it better, but will put less torque on the bumper (shorter lever arm when winching).  I know he still wants to add a few light tabs to it too.  We just ran out of time after two days.

Yeah there is so much I'd like to do. I may consider cutting into my bumper and recessing my winch plate. Just don't have the time or tools/money to do it right now. Bars would be great though. I have some ideas for both. It was a good time coming out and working with you guys a bit. Looking forward to doing it again in the near future
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.