Author Topic: May Trail Ride  (Read 9491 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: May Trail Ride
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 04:37:05 AM »
I'm pumped
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »
like i said... as long as i am in groton by 3:30, i can definitely go... just need to know where we r meeting up and what time.  gettin stoked tho, my 5th rim is on (thnx andy) got my gear, just no extra fluids, not to say i cant get them that morning... i work for tips on friday night.  still better for me to leave colchester at 8 am, i will leave groton at about 7:15, but i will be checkin on here for replys at about 2:30 - 3:00 pm friday to see what you guys say about times. 8)
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »
I really want to go on this ride but I have to work.

So to help me over the depression of not wheeling Saturday,   I ordered a lift, wheels and 35's for the JK.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
wouldn't it be "cheaper" to take a day off of work to wheel then order parts?  Better yet, use a vacation or sick day AND order the parts!!!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
Take a day off.....  not in the spring,  I average 60 plus hours a week this time of year.   
Vacation or sick days?  As an independent contractor that is something I have never had in a job in the last 25 years.

I just needed an excuse to spend a few bucks.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »
k, i am definitely going...  i talked to someone at work about staying late from the day shift for me just incase it takes longer... i am still going to try to be back for 3:30, but i am dying to get some dirt in my teeth :P  see you guys at 8
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
Good, i'm glad to see you found a pair! ;)
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »
Tsunami finding a pair

W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »
I better not see thoes on any trail rig tomorrow!

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 10:34:49 PM »
You won't no worries, just couldn't resist throwing up that pic haha
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »
Just a question Rocket. Since I'm a new guy, whats the deal with the waiver and release forms? Do we need to bring those filled out, or do we take care of that at the departure point? And also would anyone mind helping me air down and Air back up? Havent aquired those tools yet.
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:41 PM »
You can give them to me at my house (the forms).

I and others can help w/ the air down/up.  I've got a deflater, but my compressor is slow, but it would work. (I just swap my tires; easier and faster).

Note for all (esp. new guys): as this is a family-friendly club, when we are on the radio's (CBs) and on the trail, try to limit the swearing and vulgarity.  We frequently have kids and spouses along; just try to respect thoes than aren't used to a sailor's mouth.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »
Note for all (esp. new guys): as this is a family-friendly club, when we are on the radio's (CBs) and on the trail, try to limit the swearing and vulgarity.  We frequently have kids and spouses along; just try to respect thoes than aren't used to a sailor's mouth.

Or an Airmans mounth  ;), don't have my cb rigged up yet anyways
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 03:15:15 AM »

Or an Airmans mounth  ;), don't have my cb rigged up yet anyways

do you have an FRS radio?

One more thing needed: a chain saw.  The fuel line on mine just spit an  hour ago when i went to start it up, and its way too small to be replaced w/ automotive fuel line :(

Ok, final count of bodies.  List your name, and radio type (FRS, CB, FRS&CB, None).  Copy the list in the post ahead of you so there will be a consolidated list (i dont' want to leave anyone behind).  My cell is 860-655-3178, if you get lost or decide not to come.

Riders:
Rocket, FRS&CB
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:25:42 AM by rocket »

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 03:23:19 AM »
You are such a nuke, J.   ::)

Zach has your water bottle, so you will soon be reunited.   ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!