Author Topic: May Trail Ride  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
May Trail Ride
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
ATTENTION PROBIES!!!

This Saturday is a great opportunity to get your rig out and stretch your skinny pedal!  Rocket will be hosting a run here in CT.  PM him for meetup times and locations.  Post on here if you would like to go so we can get a good rig count. 

Minimum Requirements:
31" tires (lockers/winch recommended)
Tow points front/rear
Full size spare

Recommended Stuff:
Extra fluids
Spare parts
Tow strap
Spill kit (kitty litter, small shovel, trash bags)
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline TJ777

• Trail Queen
Re: May Trail Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
I can go but the only thing is I don't have a full size spare roger is still waiting to get cnotes tire so I can buy rogers spare.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
As TB, I will have a spill kit.  I also give you permission to come up w/ a contingency plan for a spare (i.e. you can use someone elses[get permission].  you would need a primary and secondary loan source.)  PM me w/ details of your plan.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
I'm game, also need to get my spare together. I'm buying a 31 off Kirk tomorrow, just have to get it mounted.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 07:53:27 PM »
I can go but the only thing is I don't have a full size spare roger is still waiting to get cnotes tire so I can buy rogers spare.

Give me a call this afternoon, after 4pm since I left my cell phone at the house this morning. I'm going over to Kirk's after work to drop some things off, but I'll be around. I won't need my spare on my Jeep while it's sitting at the airport parking lot for the next 5 days. I'll let you take it with you. I don't expect to get a flat going to the airport tomorrow.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »
Does anyone know who it was that had the tire mounting machine? Need a quick way to get Tsunamis 33 off his steel rim mount my 31 on it and remount Tsunamis 33 on his matching spare. On a tight budget so looking for a cheap way to get out on the trail here.
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:12 PM »
W.O.J.

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:28 AM »
I have a 31 on a  5-lug wheel that anyone can HAVE FREE.
Would love it out of my yard.

It is a Courser something or other....fine for a trail spare for sure
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:35:18 AM »
I have a manual tire mounter, if you bring it when you come we can knock it out.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 03:44:31 AM »
For the guys going, I recommend some way of airing down your tires.  I used a valve stem remover and backed each one out a few turns so all four tires were airing down at once.  There are several tire deflators out there, and I have a set now, but the valve stem remover is cheap and easy to find at any auto parts store.

I also recommend having some way of airing back up.  I think Ed and Mel are going and Ed just set up an OBA system, but it puts a lot of stress on the compressor to air a lot of tires back up.  I lent Brad a heavy duty 12V compressor, but anyone else bring one would be helpful. 

I wish I could go, it's a great trail.  Lots to see, great trail to bring a significant other, friend, kids etc.... 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 04:18:57 AM »
I have a manual tire mounter, if you bring it when you come we can knock it out.

I'm having Tsunami Meet me at noon at the DD in norwich by the DMV. Then we will head over to your place. Would you mind unmounting his tire and swapping it on to his matching wheel? I have never used a tire mounter, so I don't want to be a PITA, but we would both really appreciate it. Im using his old spare wheel for the 31' I'm buying off of you, and then he would also like a 33 mounted on his new spare wheel, if you don't mind. I'll give you a ring in the am thanks
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:54 AM »
the hobby shop on base has a mounter and a ballancer.

I have a deflater (that i rarely use) that a couple can borrow (only does one tire at a time), but you will need yoru own compressor

FYI, there is ater that is well above waste high, so be prepared to take on water!
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline TJ777

• Trail Queen
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »
I got rogers spare while he is gone and I picked up the air compressor from kirk last night. The tire mounter on base is really quick and easy. If you need help I can do it I did all mine.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
Kirk hooked us up, both the tires are mounted and ready to go . But thanks. Hey do you know if I am allowed acess to that hobby shop on base with an Air Force ID? I use the gym all the time, just don't know were the shop is. Anyhow, I wanted to find out which route you are planning on taking to get to the trails. I live up north in Griswold, so I was thinking of just going up 395 towards Punam and then taking 171 out to Union area. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Griswold&1s=CT&1a=73+Crary+Road+&2c=Union+&2s=CT. Let me know if there is somewere I can meet up with the rest of the rigs.
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
we are leaving my house at 8am sharp!  either carivan w/ someone who knows how to get here (moosin88) or PM me for directions.  pack a lunch, there is no taco bell on the trail.

If you are going, list your name:

- Rocket
 - moosen88