Author Topic: WTB stock TJ mirrors  (Read 6776 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: WTB stock TJ mirrors
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
Ok so heres a couple shots of what I ended up doing... ;D

Got TJ mirrors and some Hellas from Tsunami for a nominal fee (thanks man). Of course the doors will only be off for driving not wheeling, but I like the fact that I can push the TJ mirrors either forward or backwards for the trail. I mounted them before the door so I don't have to fumble with anything as far as mirrors when I want the doors off. They came out pretty well, other than the fact that they are at a slight angle. I'll screw with that later, its just the angle of the body panels. Also made some quick discos for the damn electric windows, and relocated the speakers to the kick panel.

Relocated speakers to kik panel

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:54:40 PM by BlacXJeep »
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 01:00:44 AM »
post a pic of your electrical disconects.  i'm thinking of someday getting tube doors for the taco
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:07 AM »
Looks Good!
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:41 AM »
Thanks Kirk your a sweetheart... lol

post a pic of your electrical disconects.  i'm thinking of someday getting tube doors for the taco

They arent anything fancy yet, i litterally just used male and female connectors for the ground and the same for the power source wire. But I made them opposite and taped the female connecters all the way to the top with electrical tape to avoid shorting out. Works well for now, but I'm going to look into doing something else when i get around to it.

heres what the inside of my gutted doors look like. As I said before my moron stepfather threw out my door covers and my armrest/handles. Not cool. I'm thinking about fabricating something rather than buying them from the junkyard. Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:11:28 AM by BlacXJeep »
W.O.J.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 02:17:04 AM »
I used these connectors on a race car project I did back in college.  Easy to install, and easy to disconnect. 

http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless/764/70402/10002/-1

1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:11 AM »
ooooh daddy like! Thanks again man
W.O.J.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 05:23:09 AM »
 ;D looks great man... btw, they are not hella, they are the stock fog-lights from my tj... i put the hella's on mine, either way, glad to see you got them on... did you use the mounting brackets at all?  if not, i like having things like that arond for random uses.  let me know.... see you at the meeting
2010 mazdaspeed3

PaulW

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »
as far as your window switches, when i took my doors off, i still wanted to use the rear windows.  so what i did with the power switches was mount them in the dash,  they fit perfectly where the rear wiper switch was, and since the rear wiper hadn't worked in prol 15 years i didnt miss it at all.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
only 2 wires?  thats nice!  I would have way more than that (power windows, locks, mirrors).  It could still be done, though.  Looks good though!
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
Tsunami, I have your brackets, never used them, I'll get them to you later. And btw Adam those actually are hella lights even tho they are stock lol. They say hella right on them.

As far as the window controls, I did mount them under the dash for now. And It was only 2 wires cuz I decided I didnt care about power locks, and I moved the speakers. The power locks could be hooked right back up if i wanted though, I left the wiring intact. Good stuff
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »
my speakers are in the doors, too, but i do have rear speakers

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
I have rear speakers as well, but I knew if i didnt relocate the front ones I would turn the rear up 2 loud and blow them out. You have a truck so its different for you i suppose.
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »
I have rear speakers as well, but I knew if i didnt relocate the front ones I would turn the rear up 2 loud and blow them out. You have a truck so its different for you i suppose.

i used the xj overhead sound bar and just put it in the front of the jeep.  worked pretty good.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 04:22:03 AM »
93 didnt have a soundbar, but I had considered looking for one. Its all good now though
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 04:37:26 AM »
93 didnt have a soundbar, but I had considered looking for one. Its all good now though

ya it seems like the kick panels are a good location.