Author Topic: ...on the House  (Read 2221 times)

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
...on the House
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:06 AM »
So with all the gloom & doom the Dems were spouting about the economy during the presidential campaign i just saw the price tag is like $200 million for this inauguration....
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: ...on the House
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
I saw a number of $225 million for the inauguration. It's crazy how much money is being spent.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »
Yeah. I don't understand it. You would think if someone was REALLY into "making a change"...they would do what they have been touting they would do...cancel all the hoopla BS that is costing that 225 million, and do something else with it.

THAT would have made an impact to me. As far as I am concerned...I am only seeing more of the same shit happening. Just someone different wearing the suit.

Change my ass.

And I am not too happy with him wanting to give Income Tax Rebate checks to people who didn't pay friggin Income Tax. WTF is that?! Can you imagine how much bigger our rebate checks would be if the same amount of money was split between people who actually paid Income Taxes??

Wonder if we can get him to give us other things we might not have paid into...except this time maybe something I personally didn't pay into...so I can actually benefit from it...I don't know...like give me someone else's 401K or something when I retire....
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:32:03 AM »
only thing i have to say is WTF?

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »

about which part?
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

PaulW

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

about which part?

The inaguralation.

PaulW

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »

Streakerfreak

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:15:23 AM »
The inauguration has always been unbelievably expensive. Besides, its not Obama who planned this anyways, its just the way its always been done. Do I agree with it...no of course not.

PaulW

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »
Can we just have the next inaguration at taco bell?  i mean in the future isn't every restaurant taco bell anyway?