Author Topic: Snow Wheeling?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Snow Wheeling?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
ok, cool
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
i spent 3 hours at town hall today.  found out all sorts of cool stuff about the house and the property.  they didnt have a plot plan because of the age of the house, but they did have surveyers drawing.  i'm installing the drives for my scanner now and i'll post up the lot stuff when i have it done just.  once i get the house i'll disclose the address so you can do a topagraphy map.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »
sweet!  i am interested to see it. it if goes though.

PaulW

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:05 AM »
couldnt scan it but i took pics of the rough drawings they had. im going tomorrow to do an entire walk through.  i'll bring the camera and get pics of the land

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 04:53:07 AM »
its one of thoes long, skinny lots.  I hate thoes, it's the least useful way to plot land.  Just a way for the developer to get the most houses on a street, and sell big ackerge (SP?) lots.  though 13 is nice.  I looked at  a house that had 3 acers, the lot was 50yd wide and went very deep from the street.  not useful at all, it still had neighbors like it was on 1/2 acker
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 04:59:39 AM »
its one of thoes long, skinny lots.  I hate thoes, it's the least useful way to plot land.  Just a way for the developer to get the most houses on a street, and sell big ackerge (SP?) lots.  though 13 is nice.  I looked at  a house that had 3 acers, the lot was 50yd wide and went very deep from the street.  not useful at all, it still had neighbors like it was on 1/2 acker

house is close to the neighbor and the front of the property is 43 feet road frontage but it goes back 1800 geet almost 1/3 mile.

PaulW

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
and i'm off to see the house.  i have the digi camera with me and i'll take pics of everything possible.  espically the land.  i'm hoping it's still like the untamed lots in the area with rocks, but the way the land is split up i'm thinking it used to be farm land and there's not many rocks left.  but i may have great stone walls throughout the property

PaulW

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »
unfortunatly the house is a complete tear down.  i had my realator offer $45k for the land :D

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 02:33:37 AM »
at least this way you can build the house you will love, and the seperate 3-bay shop!  The house will be extreamly energy efficient which will save you enough money each year for upgrades!

PaulW

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »
at least this way you can build the house you will love, and the seperate 3-bay shop!  The house will be extreamly energy efficient which will save you enough money each year for upgrades!

so the house is a complete tear down.  the sill plate is shot all the way around the house, and because of such the main floor joists are cracked in half.  there's sections of where the addition was added where they sistered it in with freaking 2x4's. there's sections where the joists are just cut out for no fucking reason.  all the copper in the house has been stolen, there carpenter bees in the soffets, not to mention the field stone foundation crubling.  the drainage doesn't exsist so all the driveway water goes straight into the basement.  the septic was last inspected in 1986, so the whole septic likely has to be redone.  the well is collapsed, and now the bad items...lol.  needless to say i put in a bid for 38k.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:32 AM »
Bummer...  So what's your plan?  Do you already have blue prints picked out for a new place?
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 02:36:53 AM »
modular home :D but i'll just have to set it back on the property.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
Do you have a company in mind?  If not I can put you in touch with my friend.

PaulW

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 01:17:03 AM »
Do you have a company in mind?  If not I can put you in touch with my friend.

im waiting to see if my bid is accepted 1st

PaulW

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »
so they were asking 95k for the house and property, and i offered them 38k for the land.  they're counter was 76 and i returned a bid for 47.  I'll know on monday.  Hopefully it will stay that low so i can pay cash for the land and build as I see fit.