Author Topic: Snow Wheeling?  (Read 6467 times)

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
Re: Snow Wheeling?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »
get pic's

PaulW

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »
i got the hud report today.  there's no heating system to speak of.  once upon a time it was forced air, then converted to basboard.  both furnaces are disconnected.  the hot water heater is rotted through.  no gutters and no drainage in the driveway have cracked/poked holes in the stone foundation.  the yard is just overgrown. there's just icky filth everywhere.  i'm going to take alot of pics when i go sat with my contractor to look at it.  it's not terminal, but just alot of work.  for the drainage im thinking just rent a backhoe a case of beer and dig a big hole leading to the stream on the side of the driveway.  some gutters and call it a day.  the foundation seems like it can be "pieced" back together enough with cement to make it ok.  but part of the chimney needs to be re-done.  no big deal again just some motar and bricks.  but the ENTIRE 2100 sf 5 beedroom 3 bath house needs to be re-painted.  the carpets need to come out and the vinyl floor in the kitchen is worn right through.  not to mention needing apliances.  again all no big deal.  i'll just have to ride passeneger for a while until i change my name back from Tom to Paul Hanks :D  it's going to be a lot of work, but in the end all worth it. after the work is done and trails are cut i'm getting a burn permit from the town for brush, and having a campout/keg celebration.

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 01:23:10 AM »
oh and babysitters are always welcome.  that way i can send my wife to home depot for "thingies" as she so technically puts it LOL

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:12 AM »
My wife is a great babysitter, but we are here in Groton.

I work for the following...

Beer

Trails

Beer

.45 cal ammunition

Beer

Jeep stuff

Beer
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
add to the list food and truck stuff!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »
Man sounds like a ton of work hope ya got it for a good price. do you need a plumber i know of one problem is he usually only works for.

Washington

Jefferson

Lincoln

Hamilton

Jackson

Grant

Franklin

But usually in much smaller amounts than most. hint hint

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 12:29:06 AM »
so,

where is the house?

what are you going to do for heating? with all land i'd go for a wood stove obviously got to fix the chimney and foundation first. i hope it all works out. as soon as things are rolling, post it up.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 03:23:35 AM »
It might be cheaper to tear down and have a modular put in.  I have a friend who did that in RI and the house is gorgeous and huge!!!!  If thats even a possability I can put you in contact with him.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 03:37:37 AM »
as far as the chiminy goes, make sure its fixed AND cleaned before starting a fire.  I was at a chiminy fire (i'm a fire fighter) a few weeks ago that was caused by a lack of cleaning.  His whole chiminy will need to be replaced!  Not to mention the smoke damage to the walls, furniture, etc
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »
Thanks, Jeremy, for today's Big Safety Thumbs Up!!!

;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »
I was thinking of tearing it down and putting up the modular home, but my wife is absolutly in love with the old farm house.  I have an appt. saturday with my contractor to come out and inspect the dwelling to see if it's really worth saving.  for heating both of the furnaces are still in the basement, and with some elbow grease they could probably be hooked back up.  i'll haev 200 amp service brought into the house and have clp hook up to the panel and take over from there. we're going to spend an entire week cleaning before the work begins.  get some stainkill in 55 gallon drums tape/mask everything and just blow the entire house white.  clean pallette for the fresh stuff.  i'll know alot better after the insp, i'll get a lot of pics also.

PaulW

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Man sounds like a ton of work hope ya got it for a good price. do you need a plumber i know of one problem is he usually only works for.

The plumbing won't be a big deal, I did that in high school

PaulW

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:48 PM »
so,

where is the house?

what are you going to do for heating? with all land i'd go for a wood stove obviously got to fix the chimney and foundation first. i hope it all works out. as soon as things are rolling, post it up.

There's already a wood stove in the back of the house, and a fireplace in the front.  I'm thinking a big buck insert for the fireplace in the living room.  The repairs to the chimney aren't going to be too bad, it's mostly just resetting soem of the bricks with new mortar.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Ok, so you need to give us an address, and a schedule of when you will be out there.  Else all we will be able to do is read about the work you are doing.

PaulW

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
Ok, so you need to give us an address, and a schedule of when you will be out there.  Else all we will be able to do is read about the work you are doing.

Haven't even bought the houe yet.  I have a figure in mind for making an offer, Saturday is when my contractor is going to inspect the house for me and let me know what all the costs are going to be.  Then hopefully Monday we can make our offer.