Author Topic: Hi again.  (Read 1034 times)

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Hi again.
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:00:05 AM »
Hey everybody I know, and those I don't too.

Hope everybody here has had a safe and merry Christmas, or any other winter holiday you might celebrate, and a happy new year, and hope it only gets better from here.

Angela and I are in the process of buying a house!  Our first!  Very exciting times.

I'm trying to sell the truck and the jeep to be able to afford everything that goes along with new homeownership.

I have yet to find the time to go offroading here in NC, even though the guys I've met from the local club are all great.  Unfortunately, the closest place to go from here is still about an hour away, which is a bit too far for the jeep without a trailer.

I'm thinking that if I can sell the truck and the jeep, I'll buy a toyota pickup, that can be used for utility AND offroading, and try to keep it in a roadworthy condition.

Anyway, that's me.

I'm going to try to read through some of the thousands of threads I haven't kept up with, but I just wanted to say, "Hi."
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Hi again.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:18 AM »
Hey Dude!  Welcome to the home owners club!  Its pricey, but great :)  Stick w/ a tacoma, they are great on the rocks and hauling stuff!   check out the build Scott and I did for my new rear bumper
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:04 AM »
Hey Al! Congrats on the new house! JD and I wish you and Angela the best for the upcoming New Year!

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:19:55 PM »
hey, happy new year Al.

glad that things are moving up in the world for you.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:05:42 AM »
Ahh yes, Al...  I miss the days of watching the ole' YJ bashing through random "there's a trail!" areas of the old BTC and saying "willie makit?" and "betty don't".  Then followed by "shornuff eedid!"  Congrats on the new house, Al!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!