Author Topic: Toys For Tots, Dec. 6  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Toys For Tots, Dec. 6
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Probies welcome!  Join us this Saturday, Dec. 6th at our local wheeling spot here in Groton as we host one of the runs for the East Coast 4WD Association's Toys For Tots drive.  There will be wheeling, carnage, mayhem, and food!  There will be safety inspections performed on all vehicles using the trail.  Even if you don't wheel, come out and watch or help out with concessions, safety, and spotting.  Please bring a Toy donation(s) for the entry fee.  Toys must be non-violent, unwrapped, new, and no less than $10 in value.  Our focus is accumulation of as many toys as possible, so even if you don't wheel, please donate anyway! 

Rig requirements:

Battery Tie down (no bungy's)
33" tires minimum
Tow points front and rear

Recommended stuff:

Rocker protection is a must on this trail, as well as diff armor and a good skid plate.
Fire extinguisher
Recovery gear (in good condition!)
Lockers!!!
Winch

We will have a spill kit, first aid kit, and fire extinguishers on site for all users.  Also, there are no toilets, except those provided by God and Nature.  ;D  PM myself or any of the BOD members for more information, such as the location and times.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
Re: Toys For Tots, Dec. 6
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:23:14 PM »
Hi Guys!
I have 11 rigs signed up for the AM ride and 6 for the PM ride, excluding DoBall and his friend, which bring the number to 8 for the afternoon ride.
All are well set up, running 35s, locked F&R, sliders, winches, etc. I know all of them, except 1, very well. Many I have known for well over 8-10 years.

Talk soon,
Dave Brill
What, you don't know who I am??

noodle

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »
wish i could make it but driving privileges in ct have been revoked.....some fine i supposedly didn't pay in the last year.  well hopefully i can get it taken care of...good luck and hope you all have fun

KamikaZ

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »
I had a great time today.  Thanks for setting this up and providing plenty of spotting!

If you guys need a hand with any maintence/ work please let us know.  This was a nice ride for us.

Thanks again,
Garrett
VP Long Island Off Road
Blue Rubi on 33s

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »
so, we collected over 60 toys.

and 124 dollars.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 01:46:37 AM »
Wow!  What a day!  That was awesome.  I'm beat.  We had some great guests, and I think they had a good time.   ;)  I took a few pics that I'll post up later. 

I win!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:17:05 AM »
totally sick.  the turn out for the toys for tots drive was great. Thanks to all who participated. And also thanks to  the club for lettin' us proabies roll out there with ya'll. I had a great time. ;D
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:52 AM »
I think a great time was had by all. I know I enjoyed the time out there yesterday.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 04:07:33 AM »
I agree that it seemed everyone had a good time, some more then others.  The FJ guys might not have enjoyed it as much as the others, it sucks to wrench in the dark.  I had a great time just watching how the differnt set ups and rigs worked.  The 4 runner in the second run and that Sammy were both very inpressive.  The Sammy gave me some ideas such the crazy back up light and his complete hub assembly including brake rotor built into the spare.  The TJ's running tube fenders really got me thinking about some future changes to body armor, and the YJ's front stinger was pretty slick.  I doubt I'll be building a F-150 with rockwells and 52's in the future ;).
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 01:18:12 AM »
oh man TFT was a blast. everyone i talked to had a great time and were amazed at the amount of rocks and different lines we were able to fit into such a small area. and a few people mentioned it reminded them of rausch creek!!! the only bad thing about the entire day was at times  i just couldnt see all the action going on. we should do this again ;) ;)

krazyfj

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »
Hey guys,
I had a great time, hope I didn't convenience anyone with my tierod issues, I usually don't have problems with that type of terrain (except for the width of the trail)
The truck is in the shop today to see if something is bent causing the tie rod issue.

Thanks to all the spotters and I hope to get out with you guys again,

There was a guy taking tons of pictures, are they posted anywhere?

Tom (yellow FJ)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »
That would be One-eye taking the pictures.  Check our Vids and Pics thread.  There are a few in there from some of us.  One-eye said he has over 400 pics.  He just needs to upload them.  Check back every now and then.

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 05:30:21 PM »
Hey guys,
I had a great time, hope I didn't convenience anyone with my tierod issues, I usually don't have problems with that type of terrain (except for the width of the trail)
The truck is in the shop today to see if something is bent causing the tie rod issue.

Thanks to all the spotters and I hope to get out with you guys again,

There was a guy taking tons of pictures, are they posted anywhere?

Tom (yellow FJ)

i've got a few of you, check the pics thread for link
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
I have a bunch too but have not gotten them posted anywhere yet. I'll try to as soon as I can...

Nice rig by the way!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
I have a bunch too but have not gotten them posted anywhere yet. I'll try to as soon as I can...

Nice rig by the way!

you only say that cause its an FJ
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work