Author Topic: whats up all  (Read 1535 times)

noodle

whats up all
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:20:36 AM »
Hey I'm Nolan. I'm a 24 year old military guy. I'm drivin a stock '05 Wrangler unlimited. Lookin to do some upgrades. I talked to Cnote about it since he was on my boat and he said he's done some to another wrangler unlimited.  if you know any good places in the area of groton to get lift kits or other accessories let me know.  Also if anyone is lookin to do some off roading and needs a runnin mate let me know but keep in mind i'm runnin stock still.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Re: whats up all
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum Nolan! I'm not too sure of anywhere in Groton to get a lift, nor would I trust anywhere local to get one installed if you went that route. I would recommend 4WD.com because we as a club get a discount if you are a full member but until that happens, they give a 10% military discount. If you order everything all at once its worth quite a bit. Read up here and get to know the crew...Again, welcome!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:02:21 AM »
Welcome Nolan. You're best bet for a lift kit is to buy one online and then set up a time for some of the club to come and help install it. There are several club members with lift kit installation experience.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:45:07 AM »
If you order it, we will build it  ;).  It's a lot of fun!  If you need any advice on lifts, we are running a lot of variety here.  From Budget Boosts (2" to 2.5" lift), to full Long Arm kits (up to 7").  Start with the tire size that you want.  That's the best place to start when determining a lift.  I would suggest getting out with the club, or doing a meet and greet so you can see the different varieties of rigs. 

Welcome to the forum!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
All right another LJ ;D ;D

Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
Axle just helpep me install a new lift a couple weeks ago at the hobby shop.  8)
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:17 PM »
Axle, CnoteTJ and I installed a 5.5" long arm on mine like 2 months ago.
CnoteTJ, BayouGold, and I (Axle on occasion) installed a 3" on my Cherokee 5 months ago.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »
bout time you showed up!  welcome!
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
DO NOT! I REPEAT... DO NOT[/u] Have any shop in Groton or surrounding area install your lift!!!!!! There are very capable and experienced people in the club. We have been doing lifts along with other mods for a while. Most of the rigs in the club are either owner or club built, with the exception of the work Pete has done for people. The Hobby shop has pretty much everything that you'll need to do a lift, except the welder for certain types of long arm kits. Plus, when you are the one working on your rig, you will not only have learned something about your jeep, but also be able to see/feel/hear when something is or is going to fail. Just my .02

Any hoot, welcome to the club.
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville