Author Topic: Mohawk Travel Arrangements  (Read 3369 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Mohawk Travel Arrangements
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »
I figured it would be easier to start a new post vice add to the bottom of some other thread.

I will be leaving from Colchester (30 min from groton) at 10 am on Friday morning.  Any one want to carravan?  I won't be driving fast IOT save fuel (probably 60mph tops).  I have no issue driving solo, but company is welcome.  Feel free to post your own time/travel arrangements on this thread.

Friday 10am:
 - Jeremy
 - Rich

1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Mohawk Travel Arrangements
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »
I would be able to leave by 11:00 that Friday, but I can't make it out of here by 9:30 to be in Colchester by 10am. I will wait for the 2nd caravan heading out Friday.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:44:31 PM »
As soon as I know my schedule for Friday, I will post up my leave time, or join in on an existing one.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
I dont know about Jeremy but Im ok with leaving a little later to support a few guys.  I go on leave thurs and will have the jeep packed then so leaving will just be a getting dressed and getting in the vehicle.  Ill be ready anytime on friday.
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
we can push it a little later.  i just want to get there, get settled, and enjoy the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Possibly do some exploring and/or tourist stuff.  This is my only vacation before i go on terminal.  The only travleing I'll probably end up doing on terminal is for job interviews (or moving, which I don't want to do)

I want to be on the road well before noon (1130 meet up at my place, or on Rt 2 works)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:45:12 PM by rocket »
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
Jeremy, I can plan on being at your place at 11:15. That won't be a problem at all.

Roger
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Doball

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
What about the second group? I'll be in that one. Anyone else? Thinking about a 2:30-3:00 departure.

Mike

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »
Gary and I are looking at a 1200 departure.  I might pull my hair out if I have to wait until 2 or 3.  Seeing as how it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from here, I want to get there early enough to set up camp and eat dinner before dark.

I win!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
Jeremy,
 When will you be by to get the firewood?

We will bring some tarps, our pop-up, and (room permitting) this washers game I have at my shop.  I'll have the banner we can toss up too if we want to advertise ???. Does anyone have horseshoes they can bring? I have some dice and an airsoft gun ;D. Someone got cards?

As far as food and such, we will have a small gas grill, skillet, sodas, juices, and beer. Will bring some kind of meat for Friday and Sat dinner, condiments, stuff to make smores for the kids, eggs, potatoes, and sausage for breakfast burritoes, snacks for the girls.  More I'm sure...LOL

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »
Chiefkp, Runningtrails, and myself are heading up at 1200.  Runningtrails and myself will be leaving from my place a little before 1200, and meet up with kp along 395.  If anyone is looking for a convoy leaving around that time, meet up at my place by 1130.  PM me if you need directions to my place.

I win!

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »
Jeremy do you have any problems just meeting with KP and leaving with the rest of them.  I can be at Axles at 1130 then we can all meet up on 395. around 12-1215.  Sound good?  That also give calvinhobbes a chance to jump in. 

Calvinhobbes if you can make 1130 Axle lives just down the street from where the meeting was.

Thats 6 rigs at 1130-12
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »
3 things:

1. Scott: is tomorrow around 4:30pm ok to pick it up?  I'll be coming into groton w/ my truck then.

2. don't we go down Rt 2 from 395 and then to I-91N in Hartford?  if so, i'll meet along Rt 2 just past exit 21.

3. I don't want to drive over 60mph (gas milage) and would like to use my cruise control.  last trip to MaBell, we were all over the speed spectrum (50-70+) for no apperent reason.  My milege becaues of that was crappy (remember, i have to tow a trailer loaded w/ stuff AND i will have the firewood for EVERYONE (scott/JD provided)).  If the group is going to do more than 60, i'll go it alone.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
We will probably be hanging between 65 and 70, so it may be better for you to go at your own pace. 

I win!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »
3 things:

1. Scott: is tomorrow around 4:30pm ok to pick it up?  I'll be coming into groton w/ my truck then.

2. don't we go down Rt 2 from 395 and then to I-91N in Hartford?  if so, i'll meet along Rt 2 just past exit 21.

3. I don't want to drive over 60mph (gas milage) and would like to use my cruise control.  last trip to MaBell, we were all over the speed spectrum (50-70+) for no apperent reason.  My milege becaues of that was crappy (remember, i have to tow a trailer loaded w/ stuff AND i will have the firewood for EVERYONE (scott/JD provided)).  If the group is going to do more than 60, i'll go it alone.

1.) 430 may be fine but I have a dr appt at 430 so JD will be there (I think) I'll call you later today and let you know.
2.) If we are ready early enough, maybe we can meet you and go with you seeing how I don't mind going 60ish either... More to follow...

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »
If you want to roll w/ the slow rocket, that'll be cool, if not, i'll probably be on the road by 10.  I've got XM, ipod, and my other personallity to keep me company, so no worries!  I've done a few solo trips x-country, so this is nothing.