Author Topic: Wheeling through Life  (Read 1918 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Wheeling through Life
« on: July 22, 2008, 04:02:05 AM »
I just read an essay that Tony Snow wrote wrote regarding his cancer and something in it caused  me to think how living for God and wheeling are very similar.  Its in a very rough format right now, I'll edit it later.

Walking with God is like wheeling.  The path is narrow, to veer from it is certine ruin adn carnage may occur.  Sometimes as you approace a precipice, you can't see what's next and must trust God, the ultimate Trail Spotter, to safely guide us where to place our tires.  Along the way we will be streached to try obsticals that seem impossible.  How awesome is it when we scale that boulder or rock face that seemed beyond our capabilites!!  We are not guarenteed to escape damage along the way: there will be pains, bumps, scrapes, dents, and sometimes even broken parts.  We are forever changed by these events, but they add to our charecter and trust in God.  Occasionaly we need the help of a fellow brother/wheeler and extend out winch lines/tow strap when we are in over our heads or need a little "encouragement" through a particlary tough part of the trail.  Some "baby" jeeps/trucks may ny nothave the lift of experience as more "mature" rigs and strugle over obsticals that higher lifted rigs sail throgh.  Even when its dark and rainy, when the trail is slippery and hard to see, we must learn to trust in our Spotter and winch-equiped brothers even more!  And once we finish our great trail ride, emerging from the woods to streets paved with asphaulst, we will no longer have to suffer the dents/scars and will be with the Great Spotter forever!  The trail at times is fun, other times frustrating, and can be painful at other times.  But if we stick with it, relying on our Spotter and brothers, we will emerge victorously!

1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: Wheeling through Life
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:05:06 AM »
Amen!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »

i dig it!  you got it in sticker format?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »
NMCI can wheel a fat one!   >:(

I'll have to check out Reg's pic post when I get home.   :'(
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »
Preach on Brother!
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »
Rocket,
AMEN!  That is a great read and so true!  Being a new wheeler and veterned Christian I can completly understand how I trusted Axle to guide me through TI just as I trust God to guide me through life.  And yes I might lose a factory step or I might have gotten myself into trouble but with the experience of my brothern and Gods love for me I now have rock sliders and knowledge of my mistakes and now my Jeep and I are stronger and better suited to get me over and through obsticles.  

Reg,
If you can make that into a sticker, I'd take a handful.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »
That is great and so true.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 02:43:28 AM »
awesome.

i'll buy a sticker if you can put a tacoma in it lol.

great find jeremy!!!

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 01:20:16 AM »
ummm but I'm an infidel?