Author Topic: toyota rims on craigslist  (Read 2983 times)

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
toyota rims on craigslist
« on: June 05, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
FOR SALE...Cragar D Window Black Steel Wheels. 15x8 4.75in backspacing 6 LUG Came off a Toyota 4x4 These rims are in excellent condition. Hardly used! I am asking 100.00 for the set. Please call 916-524-4300 or respond to this posting.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/705918628.html
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: toyota rims on craigslist
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »
I've seen them, good deal.  I think will stick to my 15x7" rims (squeezes tire to a narrower profile, making it a little taller).  If you come across some cheap spacers, i'd be all over them!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
btw, you might be interested in this   

http://cave76.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31281#31281

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »
They won't fit my FJ either. I would need a 16" wheel with minimum of 3.75" backspace to clear my brake calipers.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:16:08 PM »
sorry guys

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:48:05 AM »
I have some issues w/ the hypermiling artical.  I"ll explain what i do and why it is perfecly safe.

EOC (engine off coastin).  I simply push in the clutch, turn the key to off and back on.  free miles down the many steep hills.  I only do it on hills where i can maintain speed or accelerate by gravity alone.  I don't have power steering, so i loose no control.  when i need to start the car, i just 'bump start' it by momentarly releasing the clutch.  I also EOC to a red light.

Stop signs: i roll thourgh if there is no one there, sometimes in 3rd.  if i have to stop, i do, but usually i can at least creep through the light

drive 5-10mph below limit: I only do this on 4 lane roads where cars can go around (and i STILL pass people slower than me!), i do at least 45-55 on 2 lane roads.

Engine off at red lights: only takes the amount of gas burned in .2 sec idleing to restart, plus so many people are slwo to recognize a green (i'm not) so i'm gone before they realize its their turn to go

Weight: i dont' cary as much tools/fluids/parts as i normally would.  If i do breakdown, roadside assist will tow me home

areo mods: none yet, but i plan on under-belly pan, partial grill block, and removal of mud flaps

pulse and glide: i dont' do that, too annoying

drafting: only at 2 car lenghts, if i'm lucky enough to find a truck slow enough

maintaining speed thorugh sharp turns: the only ones i do are freeway excanges.  i can maintain 60mph on one of them in my truck no prob, and the car handles better. the other one i can do 40-45 in the truck, same w/ car

hyperinflating tires: this refers to inflating to side-wall pressure (which is above what each owners manual says).  still w/in the limit of the tire

mpg gage: gonna get a scangage II (only about $150) some day.  can track trip, tank, and instant mpg, plus it reads codes, displays any info a gage will (temps, pressures, speed, rpm, etc)

SA: follow far enough behind and get good at predicting what other drivers will do (i got good when i would street race my camero).  you can gradualy slow to a higher end speed than if you wait and slam on the brakes

tune up: enough said

synthetic oil: not only does royal purple last 12k miles, it saves money over all on oil over the milage and reduces friction therefore more power/mpgs

parking: try to pull through so you face out, or back into the spot while parking.  that way when you start up, you have less driving while cold

A/C:  i currently have the belt removed (min parasetic losses) and use vents while above 55mph and windows below.  in summer i'll run A/C only above 55, and if i really need it.

any questions?  if you are interested in learning more, go to www.ecomodder.com
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »
maybe I should do some of this to my jetta,

though I've been running 44 mpg at average speads of 65-70 on B20 out here.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »
thats cause you have a TDI (or pre-tdi diesel)

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
its a pre tdi diesel
the TDI's see closer to 55 at those speeds, and the 110 horse TDi is actualy fun to drive in a golf,

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 05:58:47 PM »
then again I can run on used motor oil, kerosene, hard liqour and just about anything else that can be lit on fire, while the TDI's are known to get cranky if a couple drops of water get in the tank

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »
have you considered the grease-car conversion?  www.greasecar.com

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
yep, in fact I have the tank and heated filter from greascar from a parts car,

but the greasecar system has some problems there are better systems out there specificaly frybrid

the other problem is that in most regions the cost of waste oil is rising because restrants know that people want it, and produducers have started buying it in bulk for making biodiesel

overall untill I have a lot of free time and space waste steam biodiesel is a better option, I am looking around for a biodiesel co-op to get involved with right now for cheaper fuel