Author Topic: Mohawk Mahem Memorial Weekend  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Mohawk Mahem Memorial Weekend
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:10:13 PM »
Just a little taste of what we have to look forward to come August...but I have to say...ALL of the trails are nasty right now. Nothing was "stocker", and every trail we went on was far more fubar'd then previously thought lol....massive carnage to every rig on the trails...Trust me, that shit was more hairy then the pics make it look lol. Just on THAT trail alone, there were 3 broken/bent tie-rods, 2 slashed tires, control arms bent doubled up on themselves, a driveshaft problem, and more.... :o

Here's some pics...

~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Mohawk Mahem Memorial Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »
wow!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:03:31 AM »
how is your steering?

i bet it was a fun ride home!!!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
We actually lucked out and someone had one. After winching the Jeep forward to help straighten the wheels, we Hi-Lifted her up to get the end in one side. It was a complete bitch but we made it home fine. Oddly enough, the replacement one actually solved a bit of right pull we had going on   :-\

I seriously have no idea what trails to plan for the trip in August. I'm thinking OFR because rumor had it the trail wasn't as bad as some of the ones we went on! Also, Tunnel road is an option however, its not as easy as it was last year. And if we get rain like we did last year, everything we try to plan for goes right out the window.....Which isn't necessarily a bad thing ;D

katrinka63

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »
Our family had a blast riding & hanging out with the JD family!! Can't wait till August  ;D  Anyone know how to do "the zipper"?   :o

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 03:52:32 AM »
Our family had a blast riding & hanging out with the JD family!! Can't wait till August  ;D  Anyone know how to do "the zipper"?   :o

Yep...and I will show you then ;)
~J.D.~

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 03:56:21 AM »
how is your steering?

Better then it was going out, actually lol. My track bar bushings had already been replaced, so no ovalling out like 2 other people had problems with (they had to do a run to Auto Zone in N. Adams to order more else they wouldn't have made it home), and my steering stabilizer was beefed up already....AND my rig tracked better AFTER the "new" tie rod that Broken gave me on the trail lol....go figure...
~J.D.~

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
Oh, you guys ran Elephant and Boulder eh?  ;D  yep, those are ALWAYS messy. Even when everything else is bone dry, they are still muddy.
Tory Mountain Rd is stocker friendly.
Dave Brill
What, you don't know who I am??

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
I HATE ONE NET!!!! (European NMCI)!!!!
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 01:14:43 AM »
I HATE ONE NET!!!! (European NMCI)!!!!

:-X Sorry dude, just come home!
~J.D.~