Author Topic: Cherokee Suspension party!  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: Cherokee Suspension party!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
No, I was laying on my back trying to compress the shock.  I thought I was using my arms and my weight, but I guess not.  After I let go of the shock, I started to get a sharp pain around my shoulder blade.  Then it just got worse until it hurt to breath.  I stopped and went inside, took a big motrin, and laid on the couch.  After a couple of hours it got better.  Today it still hurts a little when I move certain ways, but I took some more motrin.  I think I just pulled a muscle.  It's ok, I was getting frustrated anyway.  Now I've had time to rethink my strategy!   ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
Well we sort of finished our shift work. Now we have a team down trying to finish up so we won't be here this weekend. they chipped the side of a winchester plug & are seeing if there is a new one we can get. So my team is on standby at the shop right now. If we get a plug I'll be working late(r) today. If not it'll be this afternoon sometime. I'll call you if we get early.  :-\
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 06:20:53 AM »
Ok so It's all done and we had some rather unorthodox methods to fixing the sheared bolt problems. Worked wonders though and got the job done. I'll post up pictures tomorrow when It's daylight.

The bolts were stuck in the nuts really good. Despite all the PB Blaster and the huge drill holes for the easy out, it wasnt happening. I wound up hammering a center punch through them and breaking the welded nuts off the back. They were easily accessed through a hole in the shock mount plate. Getting new nuts on the back is NOT easy to do by hand. So be creative. Use a 3/8 inch nut and bolt with a washer on the bolt. Take a 1/2 inch box/open end wrench. Put some Nuke Red tape on the box side so that the wrench angles up when the nut is flat. Stick the nut in the box and to the tape.  you can use this in the plate hole to get to where the bolts come through. Once you get the screw to engage 2 or 3 threads break the wrench off and turn it around to the open end. If you dont, you'll tighten the bolt and the wrench will be stuck. Tighten em up and move on to the next one. Works great!  Hope that helps anyone who needs this in the future.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:23:05 AM by RnnngTrails »
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!