Author Topic: name the FJ poll  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: name the FJ poll
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »
Scott wheels. Just hasn't in his 5 month old FJ, since it wasn't "Set up" to wheel yet. He wheels the TJ all the time  ;)

~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 03:02:03 AM »

sweet.  that will be fun to watch on the trail. It's just such a big change from the old FJ's. 

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 03:02:47 AM »
hrm, I think that mighta came across the wrong way...

pardon me while I go get some tools to pry my foot out of my mouth.

:-\
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 03:13:05 AM »
hrm, I think that mighta came across the wrong way...

pardon me while I go get some tools to pry my foot out of my mouth.

:-\

*Just grins* I know what you meant....stop doing self surgery on your mouth, I have a feeling Angela likes it how it is  :P

Honestly, I wish we could have straight project. Maybe one of these days. Until then, we'll wheel with what we can, and as we can.  ;) Or not wheel, in my case when I know my limitations and hop out of the drivers seat to let Scott take over LOL!
~J.D.~

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 03:21:55 AM »
there is something to be said for a rig like my rubi, about six months after I got it hooked a camper on the back drove 900 miles away wheeled all weekend then hooked the camper up and drove home, never a bit of sweat about weather she was going to make it.
now I'll admit that being unwilling to put it on its side slows me down a bit on the trail but knowing I can take off and wheel any weekend without dealing with what I broke last time first is a bonus too, and I know I'm never gonna sell the heep so I don't worry much about small dents and scratches.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 06:16:15 AM »
SAS

;)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 06:26:32 AM »
Doball, I think we should go ahead and stop the voting, and go with PRINCESS;D  I think the poll speaks for itself. 

I kinda feel for Scott, though.  I can totally understand not wanting to take out a brand new vehicle and trash it on the trail.  Wait, I DID that when I bought my WJ!  I took it mudding with some lifted wranglers on 35's, and she kept up the whole time!  I was quite impressed with how well she did.  Until I had to have the transmission rebuilt at around 5000 miles and $3500 later!  Needless to say, the wife has made sure that it's trail rides since then have been VERY limited.  So that's why I feel Scott's pain. 

I'll be more than happy, though, to help him wrench her up from a Princess to a Queen! ;D
We can start a new poll, and instead of Princess and Pavement Ninja, it'll be Queen and Pavement Shoalin Master!  ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »
The FJ is the only vehicle (car or truck), that we have owned in 8 yrs, that didn't have it's cherry popped within 24 hours  ;D And we have owned 12 new vehicles between the 2 of us in that time.

Here's some history:
This is the ZR2 Blazer we had, I was 5 months preggo with Robyn when we bought it, and went the very next day to Paragon. We tore the window sticker off there. Literally. The dirt mound was on the base in Lakehurst. We were allowed to wheel there on lunch breaks.

This car was even offroad. Hungry Valley, CA. I needed to get somewhere, and the roads were out. Lovely firestorms we had there.

This Z71 went through Moab, no it wasn't Hell's Revenge, but it's tires left their marks on Moab. Trust me. I left a sweat stain on the seat back  :P

Took my Jeep to Red Rock Canyon 2 days after I got it. No lift, no rock rails, no tires....stock.

My motorcycle (ok so it didn't really go offroad but once, and that was because I skid on a dead animal carcass, and good thing I was used to riding dirt bikes, cause it saved my ass knowing how to control that LOL):

*Grins* Yeah, so the FJ might be Princess, but damned if she won't be one bad assed Princess when Scott puts some loving on her!!  ;D :-* After all the trial and error...he knows how to work the still being paid for offroading angle LMAO!
~J.D.~

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 06:49:01 AM »
where's the red chevy off road pic's?

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
where's the red chevy off road pic's?

I don't know  ??? I couldn't find that or a few other trucks we have had. No proof, no post  :P  ;)

I used to take my Saturn into the Pine Barrens too...but I couldn't find that either lol!
~J.D.~

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:51 AM »
figures. all talk.

(what else is new?)

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
figures. all talk.

(what else is new?)
Oh bite me.  8) lol.
~J.D.~

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »
no i mean you "self proclaimed" talk a lot.

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »
no i mean you "self proclaimed" talk a lot.

well duh.
~J.D.~

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
SAS

;)

you gonna do it?  if not, stop teasing!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work