The Mud Pit > Wrenching

Cutting tools

(1/3) > >>

Axle:
Just trying to plan ahead a little.  So hopefully I'll pick up my new axle this week and I am going to start prepping it for the tj brackets.  All of the old mounts have to come off, so I am going to need some stuff to cut it off with.  Probably going to use a cutting wheel (Reg  ::) ), but if someone know's someone with a plasma cutter or something of that better cutting nature, would you mind trying to hook me up?

albsvx:
for a job like that, a cutting wheel and an angle grinder is going to be your best tool

reg:

--- Quote from: Axle on December 31, 2007, 03:13:26 AM ---Just trying to plan ahead a little.  So hopefully I'll pick up my new axle this week and I am going to start prepping it for the tj brackets.  All of the old mounts have to come off, so I am going to need some stuff to cut it off with.  Probably going to use a cutting wheel (Reg  ::) ), but if someone know's someone with a plasma cutter or something of that better cutting nature, would you mind trying to hook me up?

--- End quote ---

of corse!  2 grinders, just need  you to but a few wheels.  3.5 inch, arbor size doesn't matter.

rocket:
i've got an 3" air cut off tool you can use

Axle:
Thanks guys.  Reg, I'll definitely buy the grinder wheels.  Rocket, thanks for offering up your air cutter, but I don't have a compressor.  I'm planning on doing this in my garage at home, for convenience.  I'm sure if I asked Alex, he would probably let me keep the axle at the shop, but I'd rather have it at home so I can work on it easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version