Author Topic: pro comp tire deal  (Read 1332 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline McNastyNate

• Trail Passenger
Re: pro comp tire deal
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »
hey if you guys are looking for a good deal on tires the guy on rt. 12 with the penske trucks right next to groton townhouse offers pretty good deals if you're in the military. he literally shows you how much he pays for the tires and then adds 10 bucks to it. I got my set of pro comp all terrains, a set of black rock crawler rims, centercaps, lugs, and mounting and balancing for about 1050$.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »
Could you guys give me your opinions of usefulness of tires, AT vs MT around these parts.  How much gain offroad vs how much loss onroad is there between the two.  I will be mosty an on road person but I'm seeing plenty of offroad fun in the near future.  Thanks

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:58:39 PM »
do what i do: have a good set of light truck tires for road use, and a second set on cheap steel rims for off road use.  no comprimise (I have bias ply tires as my wheeling tires).  Get a cheap trailer and an electric impact and swapping is NO PROB!  I can fully swap from road to dirt set up in under 20 min (faster when i have help)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
I like running all terrains, they don't dig as much as the mud tires, and hold onto the rocks a little better so long as you air them way down. then again I have lockers to keep it pushing through the deep mud and I don't like mud anyway if mud bogs are you're thing even the best all terrains can load up.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 11:10:38 PM »
Footman, it all depend's on your rig. what do you want to do with it? what kind of mods do you have? future plans. stuff like that.

there are so many options for tires, it's crazy!

but i went with courser mastercraft 33x12.50