The Mud Pit > Wrenching

Fuel cell installation

<< < (2/3) > >>

Swindle:
So it looks like older 4.0s had both a supply and return port on the fuel rail. Mine unfortunately only has the supply port. I think the return line on mine comes of the charcoal canister which I’m not installing. I took a picture but it’s too big to post.

toreadorranger:
There shouldn't be any actual fuel in your evap, that's just for fuel vapors off the tank its self.  Seems like your best bet is to trace the return line off your fuel pump and see where it ends up. 

toreadorranger:
sign up for imgur.com account and you can link photos using the [ img]picture web address here[/img] format, imgur gives you a link you just copy and paste

JKJon:
Hey Tim. I actually used the stock setup from my original tank and cut a hole in fuel cell. Works perfect. And you will need a roll over check/vent for it and I capped the supply and return. You are welcome to stop by if you wanna check it out.

Swindle:
Hi guys, update on the fuel cell is it does have an in tank check valve. Also 96 and newer 4.0s do not have a return. They require constant 50 psi at the fuel rail. The tank, supply line, pump and filter are in. Just need to install inertia switch and fuel pressure regulator. Also started the new harness and computer install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version