Author Topic: borrowing a trailer  (Read 1217 times)

Offline bigdaddynandez

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
borrowing a trailer
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:11:48 PM »
i sold my trailer and am in the process of moving, anyone got a trailer i can borrow, or willing to tow my rig to the new house? I'm considering renting an equipment trailer if nothing else. no particular day that it needs to get done so whatever day works for someone. there will be a beer compensation as well. or if you know any reasonably priced places that rent that information would be greatly appreciated.

ps it has to be a 10k gvwr, at least 16'. i towed my truck here on a 7k and that didn't workout so well for my old trailer

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
Re: borrowing a trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 12:17:58 AM »
What is the weight of your rig? I have a 8K trailer that I use for my rig that I can tow yours with if needed.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:23:43 AM »
I don't have a trailer yet. I know Matt and Andrew have rented a trailer for the trip to Mohawk in the past for a reasonable rate. I have seen him advertise for $85 a day or something that was is a 10k deckover.

I can't imagine your rig being that heavy to overload a 7k trailer. You did tow it from California so if it wasn't up on maintenance like wheel bearings, etc. I could see some trouble.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
If you can't make arrangements with a member of the club for some reason, here is the Craigslist ad that I mentioned above.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/hvd/5507448795.html

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline bigdaddynandez

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 12:20:36 AM »
What is the weight of your rig? I have a 8K trailer that I use for my rig that I can tow yours with if needed.
Chuck

idk I"haven't gotten it weighed yet, but it should be fine i need to go from griswold to gales ferry. how wide is you're trailer?