The Mud Pit > Wrenching

I just thought it was death wobble before........now I know what death wobble is

(1/3) > >>

Magnum Opus:
Holy crap!  If you have an 07 to mid 12 JK, the track bar is mounted to your rig with 14mm bolts.  It requires 9/16.  Eventually the mounting holes and bushing sleeves will wallow out......then the wobble.  I thought this was BS internet crap, but my TB is on the deck and my mounting brackets are egg shaped.  Gonna patch her up and order a crap ton of parts that I probably would not have had to if I had known about this sooner.  Additionally, check the torque on all your suspension and steering every oil change and major wheeling event!  DW will make you crap your pants and strongly desire to walk home.

Magnum Opus:
New adjustable track bar, lower track bar relocater, drag link flip adaptor, upper track bar brace, and sector shaft brace ordered.  9/16 shouldered grade 8 bolts installed.  Hopefully the bolts are adequate to keep me safely on the road until late next week when the parts come in.  Time for a test drive.

Magnum Opus:
new bolts did the trick for now.  No wheeling or more than short trips until parts come in and get installed.

DirtyJeep92:
Just go faster

calvynandhobbs:

--- Quote from: DirtyJeep92 on April 18, 2016, 01:27:12 AM ---Just go faster

--- End quote ---

I used to have to power through it with my TJ, if it wasn't so bad that it was throwing me toward a ditch. Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version