The Mud Pit > Wrenching

YJ Progress

<< < (2/16) > >>

calvynandhobbs:

--- Quote from: Big Chuck on January 29, 2015, 02:56:01 PM ---I am going to try and get over and give you a hand Roger. What time are you thinking?
Chuck

--- End quote ---

I sent a note to Rock about getting my tires mounted on the rims one of those two mornings. I'm thinking 10am start for each day unless I can get my tires mounted early one of those two days and then that day may push out to a noon start. I'll know more by our meeting Tuesday.

Pam is pushing that I need to have progress by the end of February or I should just sell it as a project and wait to buy something already done. You guys know how that works though. Nothing is ever done.

Big Chuck:
From what I saw of your project last week, I believe you could have this thing yard driving in a weekend. That jeep is clean, I will bring my 250K propane heater if you would like.

calvynandhobbs:
I've got a couple kerosene heaters down there that we can use. One sounds like a jet engine taking off with electric/kerosene and the other is more of just a space heater once the garage is warm. The jet engine is only used for a few minutes and then the other one maintains.

calvynandhobbs:
Just looked at Sunday and I'm going to cancel the work on the YJ for Sunday. I've got a couple dogs coming in and they are talking about snow all day. Hopefully we can get the gas tank/skid installed and the body lift installed. Maybe even the leaf springs and axles. We'll see how it goes.

Does anybody have a small jack that can fit between the body and frame to pry up one side at a time?

Mr Rock:
A pipe or even 2x4 should work...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version