Author Topic: Redneck ram  (Read 4149 times)

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Redneck ram
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 03:05:47 AM »
More details please!!!!!
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »
Sorry, my mind is in other places :D.
The install was pretty straight forward.  The only problem I had was the correct fitment of the ram.  The company first told me that I needed to mount the ram to the tierod. So I measured the travel on the tierod and gave them the measurments.   Once I got the ram I quickly figured out that I would not be able to mount it on the tierod (I have the Currie correctlync with Savvy TR mounted above the knuckle) or use that ram to mount to the draglync.  A phone call later and I had the correct ram being shipped.  I still had to do a bit of work to get it all to work.   I got a kit to strengthen the frameside mount and had to cut down both ends of the ram.  The jeep drives really smoothly on the road (pulls slightly to left, need to look into that) but havent had it offroad yet.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
Did it pull before all this work was done and when was your last alignment?
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »
It was all messed up before I put the ram on, turned one direction not the other, severe DW :o  I just did an alignment before pulling it out of the garage ;D