Author Topic: good ole SANDY  (Read 1661 times)

Offline RPM79cj7

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
good ole SANDY
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
We made it through okay in housing, lost power for about 16hrs. Everyone else make it okay? I went out to see some carnage and came up with nothing LMAO. Feel free to post up pics. Hope everyone is okay and if you need help please inform people. Im willing to help if anyone needs anything. Talk soon   Mike

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: good ole SANDY
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:03 AM »
No power in Oakdale.  We borrowed a generator and are doing OK.  No cable or internet so I get bored easy, but thats the only bad part.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »
We lost power here for about 36 hours but now its back on. No damage here but New London got hit pretty hard.

Mel

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
No power in my part of Ledyard and probably won't have any power for a couple more days. We have a tree laying on the powerlines on Gallup Hill right by the house that might take a couple days to get to according to the police officer that I talked to yesterday when walking the dog. I just rebuilt the carb on the generator a couple months ago and it's running great so no worries. Just no internet or cable at the house. I had to go to work today, but that's a good thing since I would be bored at home another day. The yard did well and I have a couple big piles of branches that Pam and I removed from the driveway and I have two trees that split in the yard, but they aren't in the way so I'll get to those later.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
We lost power at 4pm on Monday and still don't have it.  Lost a big tree (not the one we wanted gone) and a couple of huge branches in the backyard.  We have a generator to run the fridges and the TV/DVD player.  No damage to property though.  Could have been alot worse.
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline JKJon

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
All good in my part of Groton. Was without power for a while but not long enough to lose the food in the fridge. Was down in Lords Point in Stonington today for work and it was a mess down there. Condensing units for a/c, oil, and propane tanks washed away no were to be found. The shoreline really took a hard hit.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 12:44:28 AM »
OMG! I have been working six days straight. we prepared for Sandy pretty good but still got hit hard, we are on day two of cleanup ready for school to open tomorrow but will still be cleaning up into the weekend!

heres some pic's of Sandy coming ashore on Monday

And these are what she left behind!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:51:16 AM by Mr Rock »
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »
 :o Wow, you guys got hit pretty hard. 
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:04:43 AM »
tree.missed.my.jeep.and.hit.my.dads.car.but.me.and.stephonie.are.good
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
It's Friday and I still have no power. I haven't even seen a utility truck in Ledyard at this point. According to the radio this morning CL&P says that 95% will have power restored by Monday evening so I guess that's the best I can ask for at this point.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
 i am glad to here every one is ok
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Burnt Rubi

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
Got power back in Gales Ferry it came back on just before lunch.  Time to change the oil in the Generator, it ran for 83 hours with no issues other than refueling.
06 TJ Rubicon, 2.5" RE Extreme duty LA, Bilstein 5100, 33" Duratrac's, ARB Front Stubby Bull Bar w/ warn winch, Rockhard rear bumper with swing away tire carrier.
1983 CJ8 Scrambler - Currently stock

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
Glad to hear everyone is ok. We are lucky cuz the people in Statton Island were not so lucky. Over 100 dead and numbers are still going up. People are getting shot over gas. Its crazy down there.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts