The Mud Pit > General

How Taxes Break Down

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kral4me:
Trust me, I have lived on both ends of the spectrum. Dad's got money now and always bitching about how much gets taken away in taxes. We grew up collecting aluminum cans on the highway to get PB&J for sandwiches. When we said we didn't have any food, we meant we didn't have any food. He busted his ass to get where he is, even went through a divorce with my mom because of it (she got tired of his "dreams")...and now it all gets taken away for taxes. Kinda ironic if you ask me. He almost had more money when he didn't have money, if that makes sense.

Now he has to do SO many "charitable donations" to get any tax breaks, that everyone else spends more time enjoying his hard earned money then he does. Not that charity work isn't good...but it has to suck to reap absolutely no benefits of being a hard won/hard earned money man, having worked your way up from nothing, and then owning your own business that took 30 yrs to take off.

As for me: I have money for food, money for gas, money for basic sustinance living, full medical paid for whenever I make a trip to Drs or emergency. No one goes hungry or sick etc. Sooooo I might not have a bunch of money in the bank, I might not get everything I want, but I get what I need usually.

So we are good compared to some people.  :)

HOT-ROD:
i am sorry, that was way too much for me...........

where's the grill? where's the food?

that was too much thinking, i almost passed out tying to keep all the figures straight in my head.

albsvx:

--- Quote from: HOT-ROD on February 01, 2008, 02:48:42 AM ---where's the grill? where's the food?

--- End quote ---

damn yo!

you just missed it, and it was good, with good beer too.

HOT-ROD:
tell me about it. i know every tuesday night......

albsvx:
no man, today is thursday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version