Author Topic: City Hall Trail Ride July 8th, 2012  (Read 4060 times)

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
Re: City Hall Trail Ride July 8th, 2012
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
that looks like a pretty sweet trail i need to come up and wheel it

a few notes that i saw from the vids

1) kirk make sure when winching with cable you weight the line yes it was a short pull but still a winch blanket is cheaper than a leg or arm

New winch rope already came in, just need to install it.

Rope is installed and so is the hook isolator thing that Daystarmakes
 I am still waiting on the aluminum fairlead to show up. Also, I need to fix my fenders, they got beat uppretty bad.

you might have to uninstall the new rope to put the hawse on just an FYI i have had to do it on every rope i have installed and when i ordered rope from masterpull alex said that the a standard roller fairlead is fine as long as it is not gouged 
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: City Hall Trail Ride July 8th, 2012
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 01:30:59 AM »

Rope is installed and so is the hook isolator thing that Daystarmakes
 I am still waiting on the aluminum fairlead to show up. Also, I need to fix my fenders, they got beat uppretty bad.

you might have to uninstall the new rope to put the hawse on just an FYI i have had to do it on every rope i have installed and when i ordered rope from masterpull alex said that the a standard roller fairlead is fine as long as it is not gouged  

Hawse came in and went right on, didn't have to pull the rope off.  I did have to pull out the dremel to sand down the Daystar Hook Isolator to make it fit nice in the alluminum hawse.  Looks good and saved a lot of weight, I would estimate I dropped 30-40 pounds going to rope and the alluminum hawse.  
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT