Author Topic: ROCK CRAWL EVENT IN MERIDEN CT  (Read 6303 times)

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
ROCK CRAWL EVENT IN MERIDEN CT
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
Hello Jeepers and Off road enthusiasts! This year will be the first year we implement a Rock Crawl along with the RTI ramp into our Sgt. Jeffery Boucher Car Show in Meriden CT on Aug. 19th.  Its going to be a ton of work and I would like a good showing from the off road community.  Spread the word and go to the 6th Annual Sgt Jeffery Boucher Auto, Bike & Truck show page on facebook for more info. Last year was the first year I got the off road community involved and had an RTI ramp along with a Jeep/truck tug o war. Because of the amount of positive feedback, this year I have my own area seaparated from the rest of the show to spend the entire day on this event along with the RTI ramp. Registration begins at 10:00am and the event should start around 11:00am after a short drivers brief. Trophies will be awarded to each class winner. This is a great time for people of all ages so bring your families and friends. There are many other events on the grounds as well as entertainment for kids, food, raffles, and bands. The basics of the event are as follows:

Rock Crawl Rules and Requirements:

1) All participants will wear a helmet.
2) Drivers will be at least 18 years of age.
3) Spotters will be at least 18 years of age.
4) Occupants must be belted while the vehicle is in gear.
5) Rock stacking is okay. Use of a winch/jack is permitted.
6) 10 minute time limit, after this you get the strap!

Class 1.) Stock. Any vehicle with a stock body and frame and tires no more than 33" tall. Suspension modification allowed.

Class 2.) Modified. Any vehicle with a stock frame and tires between 34" and 44" tall. Stock looking (minor body modification allowed) Suspension modification allowed.

Class 3.) Buggies. Any size tire is fine. Suspension modification, frame modification and body modification are allowed.

Rules for all vehicles:
1) All vehicles must have at least one solid attachment point front and rear. Multiple points preferred.
2) Seat belts must be worn by all parties in the vehicle inside the track area.
3) Unless it's on fire, stay in your vehicle.
4) Fastest through or furthest distance wins per class
5) Only one class per vehicle.
6) All vehicles must have a roof or roll cage over participants.
7) Staff reserves the right to NOT let your vehicle on the course for any reason. Including but not limited to violation of any rule, equipment deemed unsafe, driving style deemed unsafe,etc..
8) Broken vehicles will be removed by staff.
9) No alcoholic beverages whatsoever for participants or spectators

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
Re: ROCK CRAWL EVENT IN MERIDEN CT
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »
Hmm...its working when I do it. I wonder why. Maybe you have to be on facebook? Do you have an account? try logging into facebook before you do it. Use this one instead. Its the direct website address,

www.sgtjeffreyboucher.com

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 04:35:04 AM »
This is the website that was recently put together and we are still working the kinks out, so there are a few. But any info you need on the event feel free to shoot me questions or send me a pm.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »
just an update people, Clayton Walters and his team from Clayton Off Road Mfg, will be attending the show and bringing their rigs! They plan on having their 71' toy hauler there loaded to the gills with gear and buggies, so dont miss it. Also Central MA Offroad will be coming and setting up a tent doing on-site fabrication at the show! The want to do sliders, bumpers, etc right there on site.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:36 AM »
Sounds like its coming together! I will be there!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:03:01 AM »
Is there a cut off date for registration?
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 06:06:21 AM »
im down
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »

huh... registration begins at 10:am

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

No there is no cut off date. You can register the day of the event. There will be a tent set up for registration. Its $10.00 which covers both the RTI ramp and the rock crawl.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 12:26:08 AM »
Also attending will be EVB, Extreme Vehicle Builders from Danbury CT. They market most of Claytons products and build some amazing stuff. Their shop is in Danbury.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 05:05:08 AM »
Another update. Guys from the Great American Jeep Rally will be coming, wheeling, and setting up a tent. Also Valley 4x4 (Where great Anerican Jeep Rally is held this year) will be in attendance. The guy who runs this shop (Brent Mosier) is the freakn' man. He opens up his farm every year for us to go bang around in his mud pits, and on his rock crawl. For those of you who have never been to Valley 4x4 in Ellington CT dont miss his event in September. Its an absolute blast. The GAJR will be held there this year Sept 15th. Meet him at my event in August! His big block supercharged Chevys 4x4s are insane and should put on a good show in our burnout pit.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
added to the lineupfor this show will be Thomas Rak with his FDNY tribute Jeep JK, AAS Custom Jeep, Northeast Jeep Organization, and JonFund Offroad Club. Guys its not to late to get a tent spot for your club if you have enough interested members. Central Mass Offroad confirmed today they will have a fab tent set up with materials and plan on doing on site work. SO if you need sliders or bumpers ect, they are willing to bend em up right there.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:41 AM »
Just a reminder ppl. The show in Meriden is tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our rock course looks great. 170' of rocks. Not crazy, but fun. Many 4x vendors will be there and it will be a ton of fun. Rock Crawl, RTI, Tug O war, Burnout pit, and more. There is food, drink, live bands, and attractions for kids too. This will be good people, try to come by if you can. The registration starts at 1000am. Use 60 State Street Meriden CT in your GPS to get you there. At the end of all the contestants runs, the rock garden will be open to free play as well.  Dont forget if your bulding a jeep, Clayton Walters will be there with all his gear and rigs for you to check out and pick his brain. If anyone needs specific instructions about something or last minute questions, PM me and I will give you my number. Trailer Parking is available!!