Author Topic: '87 YJ Build  (Read 11086 times)

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
Re: '87 YJ Build
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »
that jeep looks familiar

The left rear tire is on the Jeep and not r ;Dolling down the highway so it can't look like yours.

;D it survived the trail yet could not survive the freeway

i guess i don't own a mall rated jeep

LOL

sorry  for the hijack but i am working on making my jeep more mall rated i did a little mall crawling this weekend does parking in front of Victoria secret in side the mall improve my mall ratedness

end hijack
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 03:21:41 AM »
OMG, They let you in the Mall!!!!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »

yes it was somthing the club i am in here did for promotion my jeep was parked in the mall all weekend long so i did some real mall crawling
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »

yes it was somthing the club i am in here did for promotion my jeep was parked in the mall all weekend long so i did some real mall crawling

I hope they made you wait to bring it in when the mall was closed so you didn't run over any little kids trying to find a parking spot.  ;D I don't think I've ever seen vehicles on display at a mall except new ones from a car dealer. That's pretty cool. Did you choose to park in front of Victoria's Secret or did they assign the parking spots. LOL
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 07:10:20 AM »

yes it was something the club i am in here did for promotion my jeep was parked in the mall all weekend long so i did some real mall crawling

I hope they made you wait to bring it in when the mall was closed so you didn't run over any little kids trying to find a parking spot.  ;D I don't think I've ever seen vehicles on display at a mall except new ones from a car dealer. That's pretty cool. Did you choose to park in front of Victoria's Secret or did they assign the parking spots. LOL

we pulled them in on friday after closing and pulled them out on sunday after they shut down actually the victoria secret thing was not planned that is were my jeep was put i was unable to drive it in cause i was working or i would have been closer to it or next to the pretzel shop lol

the local mall does 3 or 4 events like this each year muscle cars, local dirt track race cars, the jeep club, and old classics like model A's ect. they do it to bring in people thye got plenty of room for it so it is just possilbly a differnt crowd that will come in and spend money but this was the 3rd time in since 2000 that i have been in the mall

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
UPDATE!!!

The lift is done!  Thought I would never say that.  The brakes are replaced.  Ended going with the pre-cut for convenience only due to my lack of any kind of time.  Next is the SYE.  Now I have done this 2 other times but for some reasone I can not get the the rear part of the T-case off.  I am doing this while it is still under the Jeep.  I know I know, it is easier to do this with the T-case removed.  Unfortunetly I can not remove the skid plate at this point in time.  The bolts holding it on are freakin allen heads.  I have twisted the 3 8MM allens that I had.  Just decided to move on.  So my question is this...is there anything else I need to remove or disconnect to get that damn thing off?  Tail housing is off (and snap ring), speed gear removed, all bolts removed.  I am running out of ideas.  I am phoning any and all friends.  Please help!  I want to drive this damn Jeep before the summer is over!!!  Anyway here she is all lifted.  Really makes the wife look short.

JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 02:50:47 AM »
UPDATE!!!

The lift is done!  Thought I would never say that.  The brakes are replaced.  Ended going with the pre-cut for convenience only due to my lack of any kind of time.  Next is the SYE.  Now I have done this 2 other times but for some reasone I can not get the the rear part of the T-case off.  I am doing this while it is still under the Jeep.  I know I know, it is easier to do this with the T-case removed. 

I know this may sound stupid, but did you get all the bolts out?  If I remeber right there is one on the top that sits back further then the others. Besides that, a 20+ year old transfercase is not going to seperate easy.  Just make sure you pry it at the designted spots or you cane split the aluminum.  I have done several and I have done them in and out of the Jeep.  I personally think it is easier in the Jeep since holding the transfercase down isn't the easiest thing when trying to touque the bolts. 

Jeep looks really good, caint wait to see it on the trail.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51:51 AM »
T-Case finally apart...now just have to put it back together again.  Who knows, maybe in week I will be driving her.
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »
T-Case finally apart...now just have to put it back together again.  Who knows, maybe in week I will be driving her.

;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:22 AM »
*Starts off with a big sigh*

So, got the T-Case done...ish.  Everything is together, finally!!! took it out of the driveway and started going up the road.  Then it happened.  Sounded like one of the gears slipped out of place.  So after a very thorough recollection of the events leading up today I started going through the directions again.  To me it sounded like I said, the gears slipped out of place.  And what might you ask holds the gears in place normally?  A snap ring.  Well, after going through the directions I noticed that no where in them did it say anything about placing a snap ring back in.  I was very miticulous with following the directions.  So much so that I think I forgot to use common sense.  Sure enough, the infamous snap ring is sitting on my oil catch can where I put it.  GREAT!!!  Now I get to take it all apart again and figure out where the damn ring is supposed to go.  Ed...I blame you!  4 wheel drive worked great, just the whole gears moving around thing.  Story of my life.  But hey, I moved it so that is good...right?
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
Yep been there ;D

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
Ok, so I tore apart the T-case yesterday and pulled everything out.  Put the snap ring on and took her for a test drive.  Yeah, so, there is still somthing not right in there.  Something is binding up.  When put in reverse you can see the drive shaft want to turn and then snap into place.  So I guess I have to tear it apart again and make sure everything is still intact and then see if I can see what is wrong.  Yeah well.
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »
Sounds like something got damaged. Take it apart slowly & anilize every gear. Sounds like a gear(or more) got chewed up on the first road test. Good luck.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:15 AM »
Yeah, the second time I took it apart I inspected everything and it was all good.  Now I have to do it again but I think I may have put the outer gear in backwards.  I will have to wait and see.
JT4x4 Founding Member