Author Topic: hello  (Read 1437 times)

Offline JK47

• Trail Passenger
hello
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:15:25 AM »
Hello all.  I am new to this board and have been looking for a group to expand offload opportunities (there aren't many public spots in Conn.) and hopefully learn some stuff along the way ( ie I have been in the mud but never over heavy duty rocks, etc).  I have stock swb JK that is my daily driver.  I have fantasies of modifying it but not sure how far I will get.  I live in West Hartford but grew up outside of Detroit and less embarrassed these days to be a Lions fan.  I hope to get the chance to meet some of you at some point.  Eric

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Welcome to the board.  Sorry to hear about the Lions thing.  Packers fan myslef  ;D .  Being part of this club you will deffinitely learn some stuff and if there is one thing you will learn it is how to drive on some nasty rocks.  I am sure you know that the state flower for CT is the rock.  This club is really based on Rock Crawling more than anything.  Hope to meet you in the future.  I myself wont be around for about another 2 months or so.

One-Eye
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »
Hi Eric, Welcome to the club forums.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Don't worry we take it easy with newcomers!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
Welcome!
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
Hi Eric,
Welcome to the boards. I moved out here from Ypsilanti, MI myself and if you've been in the mud I'm guessing you've been to the Mounds a few times. Wheeling out here is completely different, but it's a lot of fun. We look forward to meeting you.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »
Welcome

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
Hi Eric,
Welcome to the boards. I moved out here from Ypsilanti, MI myself and if you've been in the mud I'm guessing you've been to the Mounds a few times. Wheeling out here is completely different, but it's a lot of fun. We look forward to meeting you.

yeah i don't have pics but take it from me. there are rocks under the mud in ct and they like to throw you into trees so go slow  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:54:04 PM by reptile610 »
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 06:42:51 AM »
welcome to the forum

Hi Eric,

yeah i don't have pics but take it from me. there are rocks under the mud in ct and they like to throw you into trees so go sow  ;D

lol  doug how do you go sow?
when i here sow i think bacon 
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:54:15 PM »
fixed
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »
welcome to the forum

Hi Eric,

yeah i don't have pics but take it from me. there are rocks under the mud in ct and they like to throw you into trees so go sow  ;D

lol  doug how do you go sow?
when i here sow i think bacon 

lol, i thought the same thing!!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!