Author Topic: TJ A to Z Fab Rocker Guards w/ Round Tube Step  (Read 2929 times)

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
Re: TJ A to Z Fab Rocker Guards w/ Round Tube Step
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »
Couple questions:

1.  Are these still for sale?
     2.  Rock, what kind of modifying did you have to do?

I am interested in these if they fit on YJ's.  The only issue is that the YJ I am getting had some body work done on the rocker panels (i.e. bondo and paint i think).  If you think I would be ok I let me know.  I have been shoping around for some rock sliders of the this variety.  Thanks
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
Ya, they are still for sale.  If your intereted, I would like to get them out of my way soon, lol.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:45 PM »
Couple questions:

1.  Are these still for sale?
     2.  Rock, what kind of modifying did you have to do?

I am interested in these if they fit on YJ's.  The only issue is that the YJ I am getting had some body work done on the rocker panels (i.e. bondo and paint i think).  If you think I would be ok I let me know.  I have been shoping around for some rock sliders of the this variety.  Thanks

I had to make new body mounts, basically I added about a 6" square piece of 3/16" to the rocker mounts. I had to cut a notch to fit the body mount bolt and then welded it on to the slider/rockers to extend/reach the mounts, i did this for two mounts on each side. I bought new sliders and they only attach to one body mount on the YJ's
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »
Hey Bill,

I am not sure what route I am going in turms of Rock sliders just yet.  I have to wait and see the Jeep first.  Not being able to have this thing in front of me makes buying things for it a bit of a pain.  I am just going to wait until I actually have it.  If you still have them then I will get a hold of you.  Thanks for the info guys.

One-Eye
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
are they still for sale??
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 03:07:13 AM »
Sorry, they are not.  A club member recently purchased these.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:13 AM »
oh ok well its all good my friend wanted them not me
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s