Author Topic: Tranns Jack  (Read 1512 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Tranns Jack
« on: June 11, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »
anyone have a tranns jack I can borrow to do my Taco clutch (when it comes in)? 

When I did the Aspire (very small FWD), it was a PITA to use my floor jack, and that trans only weighed 20# or so.  The one for the Tacoma is larger, heavier, less ballanced (has x-fer case), and has farther to fall (and crack).

If not, i'll go to harbor frieght and get one, but would rather not shell out 80-140 if I don't have too.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: Tranns Jack
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
I bought one that goes into a floor jack. but it is so tall that it's hard to get a veheicle high enough off the ground for it to be usefull. I ended up welding a 12" square flat plate to an old jack cup so that it is much lower, I can lend you either one as long as my buddy is not using it.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
I have an ATV jack that might work for you. PM or text me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:05:42 AM by skibum »
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:17:41 AM »
I bought one that goes into a floor jack. but it is so tall that it's hard to get a veheicle high enough off the ground for it to be usefull. I ended up welding a 12" square flat plate to an old jack cup so that it is much lower, I can lend you either one as long as my buddy is not using it.

I may take you up on it; Bob lent me his ATV jack, which I'll have to build a cradle for (since it's low), but w/ the Taco, I doubt your jack adapter thing is too tall :)  If so, i'll put the truck on ramps.  I'm gonna start dissasembly tommorrow and see how it goes.
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
Bob, 

Your ATV jack did the trick :)  Once I figured out the exhaust cross over was holding the trans in, it was all down hill from then.

Trans is out, clutch is wore to one rivet and both surfaces are glazed.  I have my new clutch but now need to find somewhere to machine my flywheel.

Does anyone have reccomendations near Colchester, Norwich, or if I have to, Groton/New London/Waterford?  I would like to get it machined this week and start re-assembly this weekend.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
There is an engine shop in groton it is on the road that runs infront of wal mart they charged me $40 bucks and had it ready in 2 hrs
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 01:18:44 PM »
There is an engine shop in groton it is on the road that runs infront of wal mart they charged me $40 bucks and had it ready in 2 hrs

L&M, near the car dealerships?  I've heard they do good work

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »

L&M, near the car dealerships?  I've heard they do good work

sounds right it has been two years since i did my clutch up there and drove down that road iirc it is a red building or next to a red building 
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:59 AM »
I found some shop run buy some old timer in norwich near exit 82; $45 out the door.