Author Topic: spring wrenching  (Read 3444 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
spring wrenching
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »
Black Betty has still not fully recovered from her brush with death at Mohawk last year. I plan to get her fully wheelable and back to her old self for some spring wheelin' before I deploy to Afghanistan in July.

Some of you may remember these heartwrenching moments

The list:

-New 4.5'' full leaf packs rear -Done
-Gas Tank skid - On my back seat
-Remove TC drop
-Hack n tap and xj front cv shaft, or 231 swap with true SYE kit? - IRO 27 spline fixed yoke with xj CV front shaft waiting to install
-Billstein 5100 shocks?
-frame side LCA brackets need to be plated and re-drilled (wallowed out)
-LCA axle end needs cam bolts-waiting to be installed
- New Hood, and doors with rolly up winders (found a donor, 94 XJ flavor green, currently sitting in Mikes front yard) installed, waiting for paint
- Hood release assembly- waiting to be installed
- Re-mount transfer case skid
- Metal Tail light housings?
- Gut headliner, find solution
to be continued...

Some pics of the new leafs installed. actually looks like a lifted jeep now!

The SY is horrible and spitting TC fluid all over

Shocks have taken a beating

you can see were the LCA is sliding around in the hole :(

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:30:40 AM by BlacXJeep »
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
Re: spring wrenching
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
For the headliner, there is a bone yard out here with like 3 or 4 pre 97 XJ's. Would you like me to take a look and see if i cant find one for cheap? I'll bring it home with me in May.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
Andy,
I've got an XJ front CV shaft at the house if you haven't sourced one yet. You can have it for $20 if you're interested.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
Andy,
I've got an XJ front CV shaft at the house if you haven't sourced one yet. You can have it for $20 if you're interested.
Done deal sir! Im off tuesday, you gonna be around? I'll drop by since your only 5 minutes away.
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
For the headliner, there is a bone yard out here with like 3 or 4 pre 97 XJ's. Would you like me to take a look and see if i cant find one for cheap? I'll bring it home with me in May.
that sounds really great man, problem is my xj has a sunroof somehow, and the headliner is really weird. If you can find on intact out of a pre 97, and slide it out in one piece, i would be happy to pay you for it, and see if i can make it work. I don't use the sun roof so I'd just make it fit over it i guess. In fact a 97+ may even work and maybe be even better.
W.O.J.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 02:51:15 AM »
Andy,
Done deal sir! Im off tuesday, you gonna be around? I'll drop by since your only 5 minutes away.

Yep, I'll be around after work. I should be home by 5:00 or so that evening. Don't have any plans to leave the house after that. I honestly forgot I had it until I was cleaning out the barn and trying to organize things yesterday.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
sounds good, ill give you a ring after 5:30
W.O.J.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
that sounds really great man, problem is my xj has a sunroof somehow, and the headliner is really weird. If you can find on intact out of a pre 97, and slide it out in one piece, i would be happy to pay you for it, and see if i can make it work. I don't use the sun roof so I'd just make it fit over it i guess. In fact a 97+ may even work and maybe be even better.
Not shure what year you XJ is but XJ's stopped offering sun roof options around 1988. Not shure on the exact year but positive on anything after 1990. After that there all aftermarket.  If the roof ribs run into the sunroof seal then it"s aftermarket.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
Not shure what year you XJ is but XJ's stopped offering sun roof options around 1988. Not shure on the exact year but positive on anything after 1990. After that there all aftermarket.  If the roof ribs run into the sunroof seal then it"s aftermarket.

Its a 93 so yeah i think its aftermarket
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »
anyone have an np231 sitting around? Looking to find one for around $100
W.O.J.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »
if you can find one with a sye u could say ur self some money.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »
if you can find one with a sye u could say ur self some money.

nope im leaning toward doing this, in conjunction with Rogers front driveshaft

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=911260

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm

Calling overland drive shaft today to see if they carry the yoke. It won't be a slip yoke eliminator, per say, but it will eliminate the yoke from slipping :D. I think it will be just as good, if not stronger than a flange if i can manage to get it right. Also, with any luck I will be able to use the same shaft front and rear and only need to carry 1 spare.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:56:53 AM by BlacXJeep »
W.O.J.

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 06:56:16 AM »
so the first pic you have up is gonna be trimmed and is gonna be a good pic for some new web stuff

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
so the first pic you have up is gonna be trimmed and is gonna be a good pic for some new web stuff

do it
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
anyone have an np231 sitting around? Looking to find one for around $100

i just sent one tho the scrap yard damn the bad luck
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/