Author Topic: no low beams  (Read 1471 times)

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
no low beams
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:24:33 AM »
on my 93 zj since ive had it i had no low beams. just high beams. so i kinda wanna fix it now but im not sure what to change first. if anyone has had the problem let me know what was bad. or if anyone knows what it might be let me know please. thanks
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: no low beams
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:45:52 PM »
Sounds like a bad headlight switch to me
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:25:01 AM »
thats what i was thinkin but wasnt sure cause it works to switch from high to low but low just doesnt work. the light on the dash goes on and off for high beams when i switch it

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
Sometimes its as simple as one part of a two stage bulb being bad had that happen with my 3000 gt

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »
Best bet is start with the cheapest solution first. I have a 98 grand v8. Low beams work. We can try my parts on yours and see what fixes it. That way you know for sure what it is instead of chasing gremlins in the wires. 631 294 2859 if that appeals to you
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 06:51:53 AM »
Do a resitance check on the bulbs if they are good check the switch if you need to i caan get a wireing digagram and talk you through it
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
i changed the bulbs a while ago cause i thought that too but its not :(. and i have my old zj out back and i can strip that. thanks though with the parts. im just gonna start changin things.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:27 AM »
do you have voltage at the bulb when in low beam?  if you can easily pull your switch, run a continuity test between power and low beam out and cycle the switch.  If that's good, check the wiring at various points between the switch and the light. 

electrical can be the most challenging thing to troubleshoot
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:58:57 AM »
do you have voltage at the bulb when in low beam?  if you can easily pull your switch, run a continuity test between power and low beam out and cycle the switch.  If that's good, check the wiring at various points between the switch and the light. 

electrical can be the most challenging thing to troubleshoot
X2 on that. I have been doing this almost 22Yrs & still get stumpped more than I would like to ???   Dealing with all the New Bells & Whisels there installing into these new cars can really throw you for a loop when trying to figure out issues ::)   Screw Ohms Law. If I had a perfect understanding of all this Electral "CRAP" I would be building Rockets ;D

Pin Fit issues were one of many issues in the ZJ. It's great that you have known good spare parts to eliminate the bad part But after the spare parts run out & the issue still exsists then the next step is a good visual inspection of all the small pins for discoloration (heat damage) witch tells you of a poor conection. Inspect both (conector & part) because sometimes you can't always see the heat damage on both sides. Theres also Grounds & other thing to look into so the bottom line is not to over look anything. Good Luck!!!
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts