Author Topic: questions question questions  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
Re: questions question questions
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. my feelings would be hurt now if i had any.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 01:17:35 PM »
Anybody have any actual, true blue, technical knowledge (not just JT4x4 tribal medicine man voodoo)  and or experience with aftermarket coilovers /air shocks? i'm looking for the best one/combo/whatever for a mix of uses involving heavy street use, with mostly dirt trail and deep mud, with the occaisional rock and/or rocky trail in the midst.

I found these interesting. Ballistic says these are the best things since sliced bread, toupees, and Dr. Phil.   ;D 
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/NEW-Ballistic-Hybrid-CoiloverAir-Shock_p_1649.html
i know, there pricey. shut up about it. ;D are they streetable? what is? what isnt? 
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Anybody have any actual, true blue, technical knowledge (not just JT4x4 tribal medicine man voodoo)  and or experience with aftermarket coilovers /air shocks? i'm looking for the best one/combo/whatever for a mix of uses involving heavy street use, with mostly dirt trail and deep mud, with the occaisional rock and/or rocky trail in the midst.

I found these interesting. Ballistic says these are the best things since sliced bread, toupees, and Dr. Phil.   ;D  
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/NEW-Ballistic-Hybrid-CoiloverAir-Shock_p_1649.html
i know, there pricey. shut up about it. ;D are they streetable? what is? what isnt?  

yes i helped set up a tj with some fox coil overs and it took 15 different spring combos to to get it right

what is wrong with JT4x4 tribal medicine man vodoo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:45:25 PM by gearhead1985B »
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
Anybody have any actual, true blue, technical knowledge (not just JT4x4 tribal medicine man voodoo)  and or experience with aftermarket coilovers /air shocks? i'm looking for the best one/combo/whatever for a mix of uses involving heavy street use, with mostly dirt trail and deep mud, with the occaisional rock and/or rocky trail in the midst.

I found these interesting. Ballistic says these are the best things since sliced bread, toupees, and Dr. Phil.   ;D  

yes i helped set up a tj with some fox coil overs and it took 15 different spring combos to to get it right

what is wrong with JT4x4 tribal medicine man vodoo
Doesn't quite answer my questions about them being stereetable.  I dont care about how much of a PITA they are to set up. I'm a bit more concerned with the finished product, i.e. ride quality, stability, and safety.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
i wouldn't go run air shocks if u want to drive on the street alot.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
No on the air shocks. Reasons why?

just wondering what running an air shock will do to street performance.  And that air/coilover hybrid is a pretty beastly contraption, still no dice?

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
never had them on a personal rig but what i have heard from lots of guys is with lots of fast cycling they will fade and dampening will change due to them heating up, this could also change ride height over a long trip due to the only thing holding your jeep up is the air shock it self.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »
good to know.

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »
will a NV3500 bolt directly into a 2000 TJ? found one craigslist for $250.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:35:27 PM by Swagger »

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
yes 95% sure
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 03:07:17 AM »
yes 95% sure
X2 on that. Only thing you might need is a different trans mount.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
will my 231 bolt up, clocked correctly? or will i have to visit Advance Adapters to make that work? 

who cares. prolly not gonna happen anyways.  moneys tight right now.

progress on the 8.8 is moving at a slugs pace. barely got the old parts off of it. blah.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 04:21:04 AM »
I think the NV3550 has the same spline count as the AX15 & should bolt right up clocked corectly but I sugjest you do a little research on line just to make shure it will. The info is out there. You just need to fine it. I would help you but I suck at this computer shit. I could find it but it would take me A long time. Good luck.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 04:50:50 AM »
This is all together different from the transmission question, but still in line with your build...

If you want a cheap stretch when you swap that 8.8 in, you can use stock LJ arms in the rear to net you about 10" of stretch.  To complete it you'll need to put fuel cell behind the rear seat (no one makes one to allow for that much stretch and still being able to keep it under the tub), notch the frame for new upper spring buckets, move the shock mounts, and get a longer drive shaft.  Then, just do your comp cut like your already planning.

If your on a tight budget and want a stretch you'll never do it cheaper then that.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.