Author Topic: She's back up and running!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
She's back up and running!
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:08 AM »
So I picked up some used TJ shafts on EBay paid about $45 shipped. added alloy usa X-joints and TJ seals $100. new gear oil $18. Worked Saturday afternoon on my buddys lift. Call Kirk for some techincal advise, and got it all back together. (Kirk the only place my oil seals fit were in the outer side of the disconnect housing).

Took it for a spin on some snow covered trails and get this, it came home in one piece!!!!!

YES!

I'm ready to wheel!!

PS, I never remember to take any pic's even though I had the camera with me...Duh!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: She's back up and running!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
i think with ur going to have alot better success with the one piece shafts.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 04:25:40 AM »
That is great Rock!  Missed watching you on the trail on Saturday.  There was one snow covered hill I would have liked to have seen you take a swing at.  Ed and I both gave it a whirl but fell short.  It was a lot of fun trying though.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »
Glad you got her going again Rock!
 Hope you give it a good test in this next Snow Storm.  There talk'in a foot. Wish for more tho.
SCREW THIS!!!   Im move'in out West to see some real freakin SNOW ;D  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:48:05 AM by skibum »
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:02 AM »
Bob - Did you get your Jeep back?  What the heck happened to the tranny anyways?
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »
Bob - Did you get your Jeep back?  What the heck happened to the tranny anyways?
Has been crunching when upshifting into 3rd synce new & not so smooth upshifting to 5th at times. Put into 4Lo & Crunching goes to Grinding in all gears (much worse for upshifts on 3rd & 5th). Complained about it at 700 miles & Friend at dealer said to drive it to see if it changes. Still under warentee (LIFETIME POWERTRAIN) I said shure. What do I have to loose. At 15k brought it into another "STEALER" & they said nothing was wrong. Service Advisor said that there is no need to be upshifting in 4Lo so I should not be doing it." Won't be going back there any time soon."  At about 18k started making chattering noises on decell in 3rd & acell in 4th. Has been getting worse & now has 30k.
I worked at a Jeep dealer for 7yrs as a Teck & a good friend is working on it so thats good peice of mind. I no the work will be done right just don't trust those crapy Chrysler parts.  Most of the time you need to work lots of bugs out of these Domestics before they become reliable. Its not a HONDA ya no!!!
Hope to have back by Thursday but not in a hurry because have father inlaws 07 Silvirodo 4X4 4.8L. Not too bad for a small V8. Rev happy motor. Would be nice under the hood of my JK. Take that over the 3.8L miny van slug anyday.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
Glad to hear the YJ is back and ready.  The axle seal in the disconnect side should allow for more oil in the diff so, it moght work better.

I havn't touched mine since Stone Gardens.  I still need to look at the center pin for the rear axle, install the correct Chromo front shafts and install the power steering cooler.  I only need a few hours  at home, but I'm in Norfolk VA right now and the snow looks like it is going to keep me from getting home anytime soon :(.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
Rock! Nate and I were just talking about how you needed to get full length shafts. Glad to hear you have your rig up and running too. Looking foward to wheeling with you again soon.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.