Author Topic: what digree ball joints for zj  (Read 1299 times)

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
what digree ball joints for zj
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »
i think my ball joints might have to do with the death wobble on the zj. on rocky-road they sell ones at different digrees of angles on them but i cant figure out what ones i shoud get. they have .50 1.00 1.5 2.00 if anyone has and idea of what to do help me out please. thanks.
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: what digree ball joints for zj
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »
i think my ball joints might have to do with the death wobble on the zj. on rocky-road they sell ones at different digrees of angles on them but i cant figure out what ones i shoud get. they have .50 1.00 1.5 2.00 if anyone has and idea of what to do help me out please. thanks.
Your ZJ needs to go onto at alignment rack to see how far the alignment is out before you can determin what degree ball jounts you need.
Just let the alignment shop no that your trying to figure out what you need to do so they can adjust everything to the correct specks. It is still going to cost you the price of a compleat alignment every time you bring it in but let them no what your trying to do so if you have to bring it back more than once then they might not wack you another full price of an alignment. I wish I could tell you where to go but Im not shure who specializes in modified jeeps. Just don't be supprised when they tell you that something is worn out or loose because that is a major cause of Death wobble on jeeps & most alignment shops will not finish the alignment till thoes parts are replaced. Im shure there are plenty of shops out there but don't no who is good. Hope this helps you

By the way im Bob. Have not met you yet but hope to meet you soon either at the next meeting or on the trail.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:34:59 AM by skibum »
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
i know ur chasing a death wobble issue but odds are its something much simpler than ur ball joints i would check all ur bushings and toe.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
or your control arm mounts like andy had.. his was almost ripped off lol

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:27:24 AM »
yeah i have all 4 back adjustable ones and the front lower fixed ones, i guess i can order the upper front ones tomorrow and get rid of the stock ones. if anyone want to help out let me know. thats funny that you say andy... my names andrew and most of my family and friends call me andy and my girl and her family call me andrew.. its cool theres 2 of us into the 4wheelin

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »
I are into the 4wheelin and my name are Andy also. Some time I rip the lower control arm when I driv my jeep to fast through muddy corn holes down here in my town Ledyard.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »
My mom also calls me andrew and my dog calls me that also too sometimes.
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
We should get together and do off roading things with are jeeps and then compare them also.
W.O.J.

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Andy your are a jackass lol

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
hey im down. i mean i cant go fast on the road cause the death wobble but its good in the woods. i know quite a few spots around here. nothin real searious but its fun. i wouldnt mind checkin out the xj. i bought my brother a 3 inch lift for his and some 31's and rims but the ass still never figured out how to use it and how hard to use it