Author Topic: this one is for Kirk  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
this one is for Kirk
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »
so i just bought one of those inserts from goferit.com and now i'm thinkin, how do i do this. i talked to the guy that makes them, and he said that i can only use it on the driver side unless i use i a right hand drive CJ drag link. I am so lost. i am trying to get rid of this death wobble problem and it seems to be getting worse and worse.         Um, Help ???
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: this one is for Kirk
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »
He told me the same thing but I have a YJ!
I used three of the inserts, one on each knuckle and one on the pass side tie rod where the drag link connects.
I not sure about the TJ but the pass side tie rod is a long one piece tie rod that goes from the pass side all the way over to the drivers side tie rod end. it has two holes (connection points) the first is for the drag link and the second is for the stabalizer, which I no longer use or need.

As for the DW itself, there are so many things that can cause it, especially on a TJ, but you can be sure that it is a loose or worn out part some where! Roger posted a list of know problem areas that read like a giants laundry list in one of the posts, it is some good reading!

Found the thread; http://jt4x4.com/smf/index.php?topic=2393.msg25985#msg25985
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:17:36 AM by Mr Rock »
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
I know there is a clearance issue on the passenger side with a TJ/XJ but I don't know the specifics.  Try a search on Jeep Forum, that where I found out about them.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »
Going OTK with the Goferit kit on a TJ or XJ requires relocation of the sway bar brackets on the axle. There are several companies that also make new brackets that you can buy that will get them out of the way, but it will require cutting off of your current brackets and welding on new ones.
1994 YJ on 37s