Author Topic: new rustys HD tie rod ands rustys HD trac bar and frame mount install  (Read 1456 times)

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
hey im going to be installing my new tie rod and trac bar on the zj tomorrow. was wondering if anyone was interested in helpin. not a hard job but a chance for me to meet a member i guess, maybe drink a couple beers or somethin..
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Wish I could help, unfortunately I have to sleep. I'll be installing that track bar, or something simmilar in the next few weeks, so let me know how it goes.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
Wish I could help, unfortunately I have to sleep. I'll be installing that track bar, or something simmilar in the next few weeks, so let me know how it goes.

sleep is over rated do you not remeber our all nighter axle swaps
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Working at the plant, long boring shifts. I will be spent
W.O.J.

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
had no help on the job but i got it all swapped in, took less than an hour and a half. the most ime consuming was the trac bar frame mount. tryin to take the rusty old bolts out of the stock one took a little time workin them out. looks beefy now though

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
I just had too much going on yesterday to help, but you found what I almost always find. The hardest part is getting the old parts off. The new parts almost always just mount right up.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
yeah im glad i sprayed all the trac bar frame mount bolts down with some wd-40 and changed the tie rod while those were soaking. and i still had to use a small pipe for some leverage gettin them out. went back on ok though. now i think im gonna go work on some of my trails out back today, hopefully theres still a little mud

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
yeah im glad i sprayed all the trac bar frame mount bolts down with some wd-40 and changed the tie rod while those were soaking. and i still had to use a small pipe for some leverage gettin them out. went back on ok though. now i think im gonna go work on some of my trails out back today, hopefully theres still a little mud

WD-40 is not a a penetrating oil hence not made for tight bolts, recommend using PB blaster. In some cases WD-40 can make things worst, like aluminum it chemically reacts and turn its kinda mushy. Just my $.02
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
I was about to say the same thing.PB blaster works way better anyways.
W.O.J.

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
all i had was wd40, i useually have some pb around but didnt feel like goin out